Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Naperville
Did anyone see the CNN story about a man named Gary who has ALS? I only caught the last part of it while I was driving home from work but it seemed to me as if the man was planning to commit suicide and donate his organs to others. ( I may have this all wrong, which is why I am asking if anyone saw the story. ) He had a wife who respected his wish to help others since he wasn't going to be able to save himself. I wonder whether there is some way to see this story online? Did anyone see this story? Or know this man named Gary? All I caught of things was that he is on BiPap, having double/blurred vision and is finding it more and more difficult to breathe.

Debbie

It seems to me that Garry just found out what his diagnosis is, and has not had a chance to come to terms with it. I think he is suicidal, but has issues with the idea of it, so he is rationalizing. How very, very sad. My understanding is that my husband can donate his organs. My father was the recipient of a liver transplant, so we trully know the value of organ donation. This, however, is not the way - in my opinion.

This must be the guy in White, Ga. He wants to donate his organs before he dies so others can live. Dxd 2008.

Mixed feelings...

Sad indeed. He can still donate his organs AFTER he dies since ALS won't damage them. I had no idea this man wants his organs removed while he is still living. ( Where it would kill him in the process of removals. ) THAT'S kind of creepy. Thanks for posting the link to his story Joel.

Debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back