Henrico
Happy Birthday D!

Just wanted to give you your own special thread. :D

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear D!
Happy Birthday to you!

And many mooooorrrrrreeeeee!

Pretend there are musical notes all around, and be grateful you can't actually hear me sing! :lol:

Take care, my special friend,
Love and hugs
Linda

well happy birthday and have a great day

Happy Birthday .Hope you have a great one.God Bless
Sharon

Happy Birthday! I hope you have joy today....

Happy birthday, hope it is a good one with your children...

Happy Birthday again! Go out and enjoy yourself! Have a great day!

Thank you all. Today has easily been the most difficult day for me since Liz died. I'm really not sure why, since we never really celebrated each other's birthdays, although we did acknowledge them and tried to make each other feel special.

I drove off into the woods today and explored some memories. The best two years of our lives together were the two years before ALS entered them. How many people can say that after fifteen years of marriage? Things just kept getting better and better. Now that's all gone and I'm left with four kids and everything I ever wanted. Except for the one thing with any real value. I love my kids, but it's not the same.....

Sorry for the pity party, but it's my party and I'll cry if I want to.

Dick

Dick,
We understand completely, you can cry to us anytime.. I hate this disease so much, it is cruel and rotten. I can only imagine how much you miss Liz, she was a spitfire, and one smart lady. You are aloud to feel sad, and crappy, and angry, you are human, and we get it.. We are here for you come what may, and that includes days like this.. Sending you a hug..

Dick, you are definitely allowed to grieve for what you have lost! It is a huge loss. I feel your pain and my heart goes out to you!
Christine had a melt-down today and she said she wants her husband back! It was hard watching the pain in her come out and I am still alive.
I am starting to understand, mildly, what you are experiencing and going through.

May God comfort your heart!

this really suxs

I'm sure Barry's busy making a magical cake, but to hold you over until then!
Happy Birthday Dick!

Yea, Ruth it did suck. I've never really enjoyed my birthdays but when Liz got sick every one seemed a little less brighter than the last. The kids have always been clueless (except Julie), but Liz made sure they recognized the day. Without her, it went unnoticed until noon. Joanne completely forgot about it. I'm considering forgetting their birthdays next year. I think that might make an impression. My friends, here and on Facebook, have been great but still....

Liz was the keystone in this family. I try, but I'll never be able to fill that role for the kids and without her there the emotional foundation that supports me is in constant danger of crumbling.

I have managed to pull myself together in the last couple of hours. No place to go but up since I spent most of the day in bed soaking the pillows with tears. Tomorrow will be better.

Melody, sorry but those look ghastly to me. No sweet here, but my son would eat every one and call it dinner. :)

Thanks all,
Dick

Dick, sorry about your day. I think it is normal for kids to not remember their parents birthdays, it is usually a one way thing.

Ok so no cake, how about steak?

steak.jpg

Happy birthday Dick from "down Under"

Cheers
Peter

Barry, now you're talkin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back