07/2009
Country
oz
State
oz
City
RURAL
Time to repay all of ALSGA kindness, blessings and gifts to us ♥
VOTE and share this with everyone you know-let's do another "Kinga" victory!

Here is the link
Chase Community Giving on Facebook

Participating and Voting

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR VOTE. During the voting period, Participants who allow "Access" and "Like" the Chase Community Giving application on the Facebook platform, may vote for Charities. Unless a Participant is the recipient of a Gift Vote, described below, each Participant will be limited to one (1) vote per Charity with a total of twenty (20) votes per valid user profile. Participants will earn an extra vote ("Gift Vote") after casting five (5) votes and a second Gift Vote again when they cast all twenty (20) votes (excluding Gift Votes). Gift Votes may only be sent to and used by another Participant who may use the Gift Vote to vote for any Charity, but may only vote for the same Charity no more than two (2) times.

Yeah! You got it on here! You go girl! I tried it earlier but couldn't figure how to get the link here. Don't mind me...blond you know! :) Yes, everyone, please vote! And pass it on to your friends so they can vote too!

Woo hoo! ALSGA, Let's Goooooooooo!

We need to get behind this! Melody has taken on the role of the administrator. Thank you so much Mel. It has nothing to do with worthiness and everything to do with voting your one vote and asking your friends and family to also vote. Do you honestly want to lose to a animal shelter? Thank you Linda for your support.

you can sure count my vote in

bumping this back up. WE NEED VOTES!

I woke up this morning, turned on my computer and went to Chase Community Giving to see how many votes the incredible nonprofit charity "ALS Guardian Angels" had received during the night. Sadly, not one more than the day before. There are 232 votes and we only have eight days left. How is it possible that there are only 232 votes? I alone have 249 facebook friends and family and I sent each one a plea to please vote! This is not about the most WORTHY charity. This is about the nonprofit organization that simply gets the most votes.

The number one spot is held by HEATHER ON EARTH MUSIC FOUNDATION INC with 10200 votes. THE ORGANIZATION'S PURPOSE IS TO PAY MUSIC THERAPISTS AT CHILDREN'S HOSPITALS AND PROVIDE MUSIC EQUIPMENT FOR PATIENTS AT CHILDREN'S HOSPITALS. I do not have anything against musical therapy or giving musical equipment to hospitalized children and yet...I can not believe that is more important than making the LIVES of PALS and CALS a little easier. Because they are in first place, Chase will award them with $1MM. ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

The next five charities will each receive $100K.
A SPRING OF HOPE INC
Coconut Creek, FL
They will build wells in African schools.

HP ALLIANCE INC
Somerville, MA
The Harry Potter Alliance tackles the world’s most pressing issues in ways that no one else ever has: by helping people turn their love for story into lifting the story of humanity.

WISH UPON A HERO FOUNDATION, INC.
Moorestown, NJ
Wish Upon A Hero Foundation was created to grant wishes. ALL WISHES! We are unbiased to age, location, or affliction. We support cancer patients, military families, down syndrome causes, kids with autism, disaster relief, the environment, and even animals.

BLIND CAT RESCUE & SANCTUARY INC
St Pauls, NC
Our mission is To provide shelters and rescues with blind cats who are not able to find a suitable adoptive home for these animals an alternative to euthanizing them.

EDS TODAY
Mays Landing, NJ
5706 BLIND CAT RESCUE & SANCTUARY INC
St Pauls, NC
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) is a genetic connective tissue (collagen) disorder that causes debilitating pain, joint dislocations, organ/arterial rupture/ dissections and has resulted in numerous deaths from a lack of knowledge.

The next 100 charities will receive $25K. In order for ALS Guardian Angels to make it to a spot to receive $25K we need to beat out number 105 DREAMING ZEBRA FOUNDATION in Portland, OR with
733 votes. This foundation, The Dreaming Zebra Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charity providing support so that children and young adults are given an equal opportunity to explore and develop their creativity in the arts.

This brings me to my title of "Blind Cats". STRAY BLIND CATS have more support, more friends and more advocates for their blindness than people with ALS...this is the truth. How does that make you feel? It makes me soul sad. It makes me outraged! I am utterly appalled that it is more critical that an organization will receive ONE MILLION DOLLARS to pay for musical instruments and therapists than to give the gift of speaking, respite care or assistance with the horror of day to day living with our PALS that are human beings DYING. I am completely disgusted to see that STRAY BLIND CATS will receive $100K so that they are not euthanised when my child watches his Daddy die a little more every day RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS EYES because there is no known cause, no treatment, no cure and the ONLY assistance/support that we receive is from this generous foundation of ALS Guardian Angels. I feel a need to add another clinical diagnosis to our plight. The disease of ALS APATHY. We have so little control over what is happening to the people that we love and here is this one little effort that takes less than one second to vote and there is no support. Yes, it is time consuming to "send to friends" but think of all the incredible impact that Stu could make with 25K to say nothing of a million dollars! If we can not even support ourselves and make a change in something this simple, how in the world do you ever expect anyone else to care about our plight and support us? Kinga, we backed you with thousands of votes. Please make this your focus for the next 8 days and help us-pay it forward! I am happy that 52 of my friends and family voted out of the over 200 invites that I sent. THANK YOU! Would they rest of you PLEASE vote for this organization that supports us in such incredible ways?! Would you take it one step further and ask everyone that you have in your address book to do the same? WE NEED A VICTORY!

Here is the link;
Chase Community Giving on Facebook

Updated 55 seconds ago · Comment ·

Oh well, so much for our "Kinga victory".

Last edited:
I'm not giving up Stu.

OK, To get gift votes that can be used for Stu, The easiest way to do it is type in your city in the search box, vote for charities with out too many votes, after 5 votes you get to send a friend a gift vote, after 15 more you get another one to send to another friend. Your one vote can now count as 3 GET BUSY! HUGS Lori PS I just found out from Laurie you can only vote for a certain charity 2 times, even with a gift vote, so check with a friend before sending.

Last edited:
We are now in 302nd place...Don't get any monies from Chase unless we're in the top 200

bump and vote... The last chance we have is Today for Chase... We could get Stu a Grant to help him.. If you have Facebook vote and then send it to as many friends as possible. Last chance...

We only need 79 votes to get to the 200 PLACE! PLEASE VOTE!

OK we can do this, we can, everyone post it as your status on facebook, now, now, now, We are not going to let Stu down.. Not if I can help it..

Ok, I now officially hate Facebook I have no idea what I am doing most of the time and really, What the Hell is "Top News" and how is it different from "Most Recent"? And why when I post a comment saying that I have a gift vote to give and to receive does it not show up when I go back later looking for it? The whole blankety blank blank thing is so frustrating and then add the Chase Community Confusion page thing and I am just too tired to care much anymore.

Sorry for this rant but can it get more difficult and confusing, I don't think so!

Let me know re the gift votes and I will try to do something (no guarantees)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back