Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Hi everyone, here is the text of an email message I got from my sister Marcy who works at the Kelowna Golf and Country Club in Kelowna, British Columbia

Dear friends,

Things are in motion to prepare for the 5th Annual PGA of BC Golf A Thon for ALS. As of today we have 40 courses with 96 golfers participating! Our goal this year is 50 courses with over 100 golfers. We are almost there. I encourage you to challenge your colleagues in other communities to join in.

· I am pleased to inform you that uniPHARM & Medicine Centre Pharmacies Charitable Foundation have agreed to sponsor the Golf A Thon for the next 3 years at $20,000 each year to cover promotional costs!
· TEAM 1040/1410AM, Astral Media and the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group have come on board with amazing reduced pricing for radio ads. Their combined signals cover the province. With the sponsorship of uniPHARM & Medicine Centre Pharmacies Charitable Foundation, we have been able to secure 400 X 30 second radio spots which will air during the month of June to promote the Golf A Thon. These will be voiced by your favourite ED, Brian Butters.
· In the May 26th edition of the Vancouver Sun, we will list all participating courses and pros in our special feature Believe BC
· Pledge Forms and Posters are in production and will be sent out to your Pro Shop with your other promotional materials shortly.
· The Medicine Centre Pharmacies throughout BC will be also displaying the poster.

Thank you all for your amazing support! Your help will provide more hope to so many.

Warm regards,
Wendy

Wendy Toyer, Executive Director
ALS Society of British Columbia

Suite 208 - 1600 West 6th Ave.
Vancouver, B.C. V6J 1 R3
Phone: 604-685-0737 Ext 222
Cell 778-999-6257
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.alsbc.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.