Diagnosis
01/2010
Country
US
State
MD
City
Havre de Grace
Recently a friend asked me to participate in a half marathon that will take place in June. I am not a runner and never have been. In spite of this obstacle, I began a 9 week ramp up program and quickly realized that a half marathon was a bit much of a task for a first time runner. I began searching for a 5k to get my feet wet. How appropriate to come across the Fiesta 5k being held on May 1 right in my home town of Baltimore MD and it is a fundraiser for the Robert Packard ALS Center at Johns Hopkins. I began training, then signed up for the race a week ago. I have raised nearly $500 so far and hope to reach $1000.

I am in week 4 of my training. Though it is quite challenging I am 100% committed to this event and want to run for my husband and all PALS who are unable to do so.

Way to go Judie!

Impressive Judie!

Good luck to you!

Race day is May 1, training is going well. I am pleased to announce that I have raised over $1100 for the Robert Packard Center for ALS Research.

Congratulations, Judie, that is fantastic. How great that you are taking on this challenge and doing so well with it. Sounds like you should really enjoy the race.

Hey Jud,
Thanks for running for all of us. We so appreciate it.. I love your avatar picture..

One week to race day. Very excited. The honorary chair is O.J. Brigance of the Baltimore Ravens (Go Ravens!). OJ was diagnosed with ALS in 2007. I hope to meet OJ and Coach Harbaugh on race day.

Way to go Judie! Super impressive!

So the BIG day is tomorrow. Will be thinking of all of you during my run. If you havn't had a chance, please view the video in the post above regarding ALS research. Thanks for all your support. Running for my PALS and CALS.

Good luck Judie!

RUN LIKE THE WIND for all of us! xo

Good luck!
What team are you on? My friends are on ALS Terminators team. Erica

Oh, by the way my grand total raised for the Robert Packard Center was over $1700....my friends and family were awfully generous!.

Sorry folks, I never let you know about the race! I finished in 37 minutes which was great because I gave myself 45 minutes. One 5k down, more to go. I am loving this. And I've already warned my sponsors to save their pennies for next year. I'm going to hit them all up again (and again).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back