Friend was DX
Country
US
State
CA
City
Davis
Hi Everyone,

My friend Cathy Speck has ALS. She has chosen to devote her time and energy to raising awareness and funds for ALS research. Her courage and enthusiasm led her to be nominated as a "Hero Next Door" in a contest sponsored by Toms of Maine. You can help Cathy by voting for her at:
Cathy Speck , Davis, CA Description

If she wins, she will get $2,500 for the ALS Association and $2,500 for her own fight against ALS. One of five in her family impacted by familial ALS, Cathy was diagnosed only months after losing her brother to ALS. Having lost her mother to ALS at the age of 13, Cathy is well educated about the disease and has spent a lifetime coping with its devastating impact.

The contest ends this Friday (February 26th, 2010) and Cathy needs your help to win. Please vote for Cathy Speck at:
Cathy Speck , Davis, CA Description

It's easy, takes about 30 seconds, and it will help us raise awareness and get research funding.

Please spread the word.

Thank you so much for your support!

Sincerely,
April Kamen

I just voted, and she is 31 points in the lead. Lets put her over the top. You are asked a few questions, but it took only about 3 minutes. HUGS Lori

Voted and posted in on my Facebook page. Good luck!

Done...trying to figure out how to post on my Facebook page..Shelley..how did you do it?

Voted and put the information out on Facebook.

Voted, linked it to my facebook and also asked Cathy to DONATE THE $2500 to ALS Guardian Angels :] How many VANS, Powerwheelchairs, Christmas presents, VACATIONS etc has ALSA given to PALS or CALS?! I know that Stu would put the money where it truly makes a difference. My days of advocating or contributing to ALSA- MDA and other organizations are done. Honestly, look at what they take in from charitable contributions and then WHERE IT GOES!

Glad to help and vote! I posted it to my FB status.

So did she win?

The winner will be announced in Mid March!

3rd place, that's great!

3. Cathy Speck , Davis, CA (4986 votes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back