Learn about ALS
Country
FRA
State
Paris
City
Paris
What are the symptoms with axial onset?

How do you know/what are the symptoms of upper back - lower back weakness?

Alexandre,

You just asked the same question 4 days ago, and received some very helpful answers! Good luck to you.

"The axial body is that portion that is directly attached to the spine, including the head, ribcage, and pelvis. "

Presumably, axial onset is when the muscles of the trunk are the first part of the body to be affected (as oppossed to upper or lower limb onset, or bulbar onset). As with other types of onset, symptoms would vary depending on upper or lower motor neuron involvement, degree of progression and so on.

okay I understand this is the trunk etc. but what are the symptoms of this onset? Is it dropping head? Falling over? How do you know back muscles are weak?

From what little I've read about axial onset, it is rare and the disease works quickly having a poor prognosis. One of the things you have to stay on top of is the person's respiratory condition as it may change for the worse, quickly.

hi alex.
i was wondering are you asking about axial onset for yourself?
were you not diagnosed with bfs? or has that changed?
nice profile photo by the way:smile:

Olly you are so funny. I chuckled out loud. Gosh I enjoy your posts.

i aim to please dear h4c:D

OK.... I had to look. Alexandre, you get points for being cute :)

I'm only aware of a couple PALS active on this forum who have axial onset. Erica is one of them. Its a very rare version of a rare disease, and from what I can remember these PALS posting, your progression would have been much faster than from when you describe your concerns to have begun.

hey,we maybe slowly becoming decrepid with failing health but were still breathing females :wink::lol:

I agree. You are so adorable. I wanted to add that I agree with what you said about animals, they are the greatest. I think if we lose are sense of humor, then we are gone, so keep me smiling my dear friend, you are one in a million.

Okay, Olly and Rose, you two aroused my curiosity regarding Mr. cutesy here. I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate that the photo posted in his profile is not really a photo of Mr. Alex (he doesn't give his city or state so why would he post his real photo?).

This, of course, comes from a guy who could not figure out how to post candy in the Halloweeny thread. So, what do I know?

My apologies to cute Alex if I'm on the wrong track here (but my train is heavy and I'm not going to move anyway!).

Zaphoon

Ok everyone, forget all of my other pictures and avatars, this is the real me!

Pierce_Brosnan.JPG

oh i say................barry are you married:wink:

zaphoon..........dont spoil things,can't a women have a dream:D

Olly,

Please feel free to dream on! Pardon my poking fun at cutie boy; its just jealousy shining through.

Barry, seems to me I've seen that face before! (the women will have to start calling you "hunky man")

Zaphoon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back