Fathers official cause of death was ALS but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

XceolX

Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
Rhode Island
City
Providence
Fathers official cause of death was ALS but..

I am noticing that his relatives are showing early symptoms..It is so painful to watch. I know that they are noticing the subtle signs of the disease and not addressing them or purposely blocking them out.

I don't know what to do , I am not going to say anything it is not my place to do so..the relatives are his brother and his first cousin.

I see that they are weaker and developing more violent fasciculations (sp). although my fathers death certificate says ALS..as official cause of death..I strongly suspect Kennedys disease. One oddity of my father's illness was not an active babinski response. when his foot was examined by an doctor nothing happened..and there was a high amount of CPK in the urine..of the scales by regular standards no one could really piece all the oddities together.

I am just confused as of now and I miss him like idk what :-(

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear you lost your dad to ALS (or Kennedy's Disease). If, as you say, his brother and first cousin are showing signs of having ALS, it is something they will not be able to ignore for too much longer.

I do not see what harm you could do by statiing that you notice they seem to be moving with more difficulty. Who knows, maybe they both need someone to confirm what they may be suspecting anyway. I'd bring it up but that's just me. Nowadays, when I see someone with a cane, in a wheelchair or just walking funny, I'll ask them about it. So far, no one has socked me in the head for asking. I'm waiting for someone to tell me they have PLS, I guess.

Zaphoon

hi xceolx.
i am sorry to read about your loss of your dad.
i agree with pz in mentioning it to your relatives,in a casual way so not to cause alarm.
if it is als or kennedys disease eventually they will have to confront it.
wishing you all the best with this:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back