Trevor

Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Cambridge
Hi Everyone,

I've posted a few times a couple of months ago. I've had 4 emgs done, last one on August 15, 2009 which the neuro said he didn't see anything. I was experiencing lots of twitching all over my body but that has slowed down a bit. What is bothering me and has been progressing is pain in my left shoulder/arm and cracking and popping of my spine and shoulders. I also have this horrible head pressure which could be because my neck pops and is stiff. My muscles in my arms are sore and weak. My legs have this heavy feeling. This weakness has been progressing and if I don't get enough sleep my body/head aches. I tried massages which actually give me severe head aches. My knees ache and bones crack eveywhere now. when I move my left shoulder something crack all up/down ny spine. My fingers are sore every morning and throughout the day and I can grip and sqeeze things just little sore. I've had xrays on my spine and shoulders plus ultasound on my shoulders and everything came back ok. It showed a little arthritis in my neck. I'm have my mercury fillings out in Nov 19 and then have chelation done as I been told this could be one of my issues. My body movements are getting slower and I have dark circles under my eyes which isn't pleasing to look at everyday. My fore arm are sore and my arms look really skinny. I try to be up beat and go on the stationary bike for 10 minutes, but when I get off it feels like walking with two bricks attached to my legs. I'm sick and tired of emgs and doctors. I've had no answers because my blood work has always been normal. I really don't know where to go from here. I quess I'm posting because I'm frustrated. If anyone has any advice , my ears are wide open. I'm going to a Chronic pain doctor today because me GP said he might be able to help. I don't know whether I should book another emg. I guess I'm lost to say the least. My pride and joy is my son and I look forward to his hockey games.

Hi Trevor. Are you going to an ALS Clinic or just a general Neuro?

AL.

OK, what you want to do is try to get a referral to London or McMaster in Hamilton. They are ALS Clinics and specialize in all things Neurological.

AL.

do my symptoms sound like als

Pain like that is not normally related to ALS.

I experienced shoulder,arm pain numbness and weakness when I had some scar tissue build in the back of my neck after a car accident. I was able (lucky) to find that a massage therapist that got rid of the mass and solved those issues.

What I am thinking is that for some reason you might have some nerves that are being messed with.

Food for thought.

Glen

Hi Trevor. It is very interesting because all of your symptoms match with mine. I have been feeling all this things for about three years now and the doctors didn't find anything wrong with me. One thing I think it is somehow related in my case its the neck stuff. Since the beginning I have those "pop/crack" sounds in my neck and they become worse at the same time that the other symptoms. In my case all the stuff started after a thyroid surgery. Just after that I became to feel this strange neck feelings and all the other things started too. I think the trauma in my neck caused by the surgery is somehow related but the doctors don't think so although they couldn't find any other explanation. All I know is before the surgery and trauma in my neck caused by this I have never felt any of this things and right after the surgery the symptoms started. I have had many tests of my neck and spine but they all came back normal. I have had three emgs since them and all showed only fasciculations. One doctor told me that it could be fybromialgia or CFS/ME (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) but I don't think so and even if it is in my opinion these are only names for conditions they can't explain the cause and cure. Unfortunately after all these years I gave up going to the doctors. I started doing some alternative treatments like acupunture to relief the pain and other Chinese treatments. I went to a nutritionist too and she gave me many supplements and vitamins. One of these are called dolomite and its basically calcium plus magnesium and this helps a lot relieving the fasciculations (answering another thread I started on the forum sometime ago). These vitamins came back normal on the blood tests so I don't know why they work. Other supplements that seems to help are vitamins C and E and another called selenium. What all these supplements have in common in my experience are the antioxidant properties so I think that our body for some reason can't get rid of free radicals properly. None of this things cured me and I don't think they will someday but at least they help me to live better. Unfortunately whatever we have, if it is ALS or not, the doctors can't do many for us so I think you should try vitamins and supplements and some kind of alternative treatments and most importantly try to live each day as if it was the last since our lives is short anyway, with or without ALS.

I wish Dr. House was real. He could help us :(

God stay with you

The funny thing about Dr. HOUSE (Hugh Laurie) His mother had ALS..

Thanks for your reponses. On top of everything going on my ulcerative colitis is active..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back