Reason
Other
Country
US
State
PA
City
Eric
New here. I am a 23 year old male. For the last 10 months I have been going through weird symptoms, but only recently have they gotten me worried. It started with all over twitching which I was not concerned about. I then had minor speech problems, but I would not call it slurring. It was more of cognitive related, with problems search for the right words to say, and stumbling. Recently I have had hand shakes, very minor, that I can not control. Next was my breathing which I realized became different. It seemed like I needed to stop and take a real deep breath some times.

And for the reason I am here now. Two weeks ago I began to notice that both my arms were weaker than normal. Carrying a few books became exhausting to my arms. I noticed walking up stairs, the back of my knees felt like I just ran a marathon. What gets me the most, is the pain after a little bit of work. I am constantly lifting heavy boxes at work, and now my muscles are aching badly. It seems like only rest will calm my muscles down, but only for a LITTLE while.

I have seen a neuro a few months ago who originally chalked it up to stress. I had several tests done, blood work that showed EPV in my system, and MRI's, that showed nothing. For the most part I dealt with it, but since my muscles are acting oddly, I decided to schedule a new appointment for later this week or early next week. I am wondering if ALS should now be questioned?

Welcome to the forum.

Your best bet is to find a neuro specializing in MND/ALS. Why ? Because only that neuro and dispell or confirm your fears.

Now , about those worries. RELAX , you are making yourself crazy and your body is telling you this. You do not have ALS until it is diagnosed.

Glen

Wow! That is a lot of testing. What in the world is EPV? Did you mean Epstein Barr Virus? Follow Glen's advice and see a ALS Neuro to be reassured. If you have an elevated EBV that would explain many of your symtoms that deal with fatique.

Wow! That is a lot of testing. What in the world is EPV? Did you mean Epstein Barr Virus? Follow Glen's advice and see a ALS Neuro to be reassured. If you have an elevated EBV that would explain many of your symtoms that deal with fatique.

I meant Epstein Barr Virus... the neuro said that the virus was out of my system by the time I had the test done back in June. I had only a few traces of it left.

EBV can lead to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which there are no tests for.... Your symptoms do sound like it could be that.
Google it .......

Crystal said the G word!

Kim,

Yes, I did say the G word.... Am I going to get a demerit for it! LOL

Crystal,

I don't hand demerits out by simple ones and twosy's. No sir! You get FIVE!

Be gentle, Oh Keeper of the Membership Cards! When are you going to hand those out anyway?

My assistant secretary at PZ labs was supposed to have those cards out last week. I got mine!

Crystal has to work off her demerits before she can get hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back