Reason
Other
Country
US
State
TX
City
Kingsville
hi! guys....i am a 29 yr old male who has been twitching non stop for the past 16

months, well of all the research that i did on my own i know this much that fasciculations

are judges by the company they keep...as in weakness,atrophy etc...which i have

none ...what i am curious about is that is this time frame without any weakness or other

problem enough for me to be on the safer side or should i still be worried.

i do sometimes get sharp pain in my muscles and thats about it....i work out 6 days a

week ....and instead of loosing muscles i am packing them on!...and the wierd part is

although my muscles are bulking up but they twitch like crazy too...particularly my

legs....so please let me know what u think of it.

Thanks.

You don't have any symptoms of ALS, so I don't see why you would be worried.

It seems (just anecdotal) that many body builders develop twitching. Most of the people who sign on here worried about twitching with no other problems seem to be fitness buffs. My guess is it's something to do with the "set point" theory of body weight and shape: we are born to look a certain way, and our bodies don't like it when we try to overrule our genes. That's why dieters can't keep weight off, and why body builders' muscles tend to develop twitches. That's just my opinion, which you don't care about, I'm sure. But since you asked ...

Go enjoy your healthy life.

You might try using magnesium choloride because my brother-in-law had similar twiching, and it helped him. Below is a link you should check out for information on it. But, check it out before you go too far. I have FALS, and take a shot glass full twice a day. It seems to have helped some too so I plan to keep using it!

For me I look at my twiching as a sign that I'm still alive so I try to enjoy them. Good luck, and enjoy every day!

Magnesium Chloride In Acute And Chronic Diseases - Share The Wealth
15 Sep 2005 ... MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE IN ACUTE AND CHRONIC DISEASES. 811e52.jpg. Raul Vergini,MD. Back in 1915, a French surgeon, Prof. ...

Last edited by a moderator:
well first and foremost thanks a lot for the reply....and YES i do care about your opinion...but the thing is i am not a bodybuilder...i started working out 3 months back just to see what effect it has on my muscles....and the only difference i found out was that i started gaining muscle mass all over but as far as these twitches are concerned they are as bad as ever.

Bethu, You are great, I love the way you say it as you think, and I agree God makes us all different and are bodys don't like to be forced to be something they were not ment to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back