Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Washington
I am wondering how people cope while waiting for a diagnosis. ALS is not something to casually mention to someone as a possible reason for various symptoms. It is something I mention to no one except my spouse, and even then I don't want to bring it up too often because it is difficult to talk about. Yet, it is hard to get out it of my mind, and is weighing heavily on me.

We told close family, but could not bear to see them, even though they live close by. Lots of hugs and tears with husband. BUT what you MUST hold on to, is the HOPE that they may be WRONG. You just might have something else...hold on to that.
Wish you every luck with the tests, Let us know..............

kemd,

welcome to the site.
It is said , once everything else is ruled out , then it could be ALS.

The good news is you do not have it until it is proven. The hard part is waiting.

So , relax and have some fun now.

Glen

Kem....first and foremost be optimistic bout ur results ALS is diagnosed when there is nothing else to equate the condition to....and incase of the worst case scenario who else can u bank upon other than the close one's .....i hope and wish that such a situatuion never arrives ...keep well and take care.

Arya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back