bart1

Country
bel
State
Brussels
City
Brussels
Hi,

Sorry I have to bother you all again. After my last neuro visit last week I really hoped I didn't have to bother you anymore with my questions.

I've been twitching for 22,5 months now : 24/7 in calves and random so now and than.
However over the last couple of days my twitching has 'exploded'. I know twitch every other second in my arms and back (calves already did so)

I'm very concerned about the back twitching that seems to be there all the time (in different places) Also a kind of vibration (or crawling feeling) is going trough the back, maybe those are small twitches. A friend looked at my back and she saw a fine twitch that I even didn't feel.
I think I always read that this back twitching is more linked to ALS. The twitching in arms and back wake me up at night.
I don't know what to do anymore..been to my neuro last week, but a couple of days after the clinical this all started.

Could it be ALS afterall?

Thanks,
Bart

NO, once again, twitching does not mean ALS. If you have ALS then you will have a certain amount of twitching but just because you have twitching does not mean you have ALS. Everyone has twitching and not everyone has ALS

Bart ... I can't remember your previous posts, but I assume your visit to the neuro went well, that is, he told you you don't have ALS.

As far as I have ever heard, twitching without weakness is not a symptom of ALS. It doesn't matter what part of the body is twitching ... this is simply NOT how ALS starts.

I hope that once they find the cause/prevention/cure for ALS, they come up with a treatment for BFS.

Thanks Joel but the twitching is very severe and continuous. Twitching is getting worse and worse and it reminds me of Jennifer's story

Hi Beth

I went to the neuro last week and they told be it was BCFS but this was before this contant back twitching (at diffrent places) and vibration started. I can't explain this enormous increase but it really frightens me. I'm really sorry to bother you again with this.

Twitching causes you to be stressed. Stress causes twitches to increase. And round and round the cycle goes until you get the anxiety under control.

AL.

You need not worry unless your Neuro tells you it's ALS! Relax. No weakness= Not ALS. End of story.
Smile. :)

Bart... i have been twitching fot the past 19 months....with no clinical weakness or atrophy....and as far as that incidence u are talking about....i cant believe that they did'nt had any sort of weakness or atrophy after such a long time as ALS ...anyways as i had told u earlier...u dont have ALS so be merry and live life king size*

Maybe you should visit a health anxiety website. Try anxietyzone.com. I am being completely serious, not trying to be condescending. It might be comforting to know that there are many, many people in the same situation as you. Try to realize that you are complaining to people that have ALS about muscle twitching that has already been diagnosed by a trained and schooled neurologist.

Bart, twitching comes in all shapes and sizes for all different conditions, INCLUDING bfcs, which is what the doctor told you it is. The very nature of that condition (fasciculation syndrome) is about twitching. Stop worrying about it. There are some people who have ALS who have a lot of intense twitching and there are those who don't get it as bad. There are some people with BFS/BFCS who have a lot of intense twitching and there are those who don't get it as bad. As long as your only symptom is twitching, you don't have ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back