Other
Country
US
State
TX
City
Houston
hello all.

I posted a little over a year ago with a collection of symptoms (occasional all-over random twitching, a sore neck that pops and cracks horribly, speech issues, some atrophy of wrists,hands, and tongue).

I am still having the same symptoms and I am going to another neurologist for a second opinion. I had an EMG and NCV in February of 08 and according to that neuro (an assistant performed both, the neuro just interpreted the results) I only had mild carpal tunnel. I had an MRI in April of this year and my primary care dr. said all she could see is some mild arthritis. Blood work has been normal.

Well here it is a year and a half later and my neck is still popping and cracking like rice crispies. It is still sore and pops and cracks when i breathe and it is so noisy that sometimes it wakes me up at night. I am still having speech issues (a lisp that comes and goes? trouble with "st" and "s" sounds) and occasional random twitching. The atrophy hasn't progressed and I have no muscle weakness or motor skills issues with my hands. No weakness or atrophy that I can see anywhere else. I also have occasional burning pain in my scalp and break out in red blemishes on my neck and scalp, as well as elsewhere. I also feel dizzy quite often, to the point that just moving my eyes will incur severe dizziness. My ears often "pop" like they are stopped up.

I think I have some kind of infection that has gotten into my neck and is messing me up. I have had several ear infections and an infected tooth over the past few years, and I think they never cleared up properly. Could it stand to reason that the ear/tooth infections could have gotten into my neck and are causing problems? I have mentioned this to my doctors and they just blew me off.

I don't think I have ALS because of the passage of time without further muscle atrophy and clean EMG/NCV, but does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Thanks for any/all replies!

just me

No idea what you might have but it doesn't sound like ALS to me.

AL.

Thanks for your quick reply Al.

I don't think it is ALS either because of the reasons I stated, but I thought that I might be able to begin to solve this puzzle by asking here because of the knowledge people who post here have about neurological symptoms.

I am learning that neurological problems are very difficult to figure out!

Take care,

just me

Hi, just me....I hope you have gone to an ' ENT ' with the dizzies. There is testing for that. I could be some arthritis going on in your neck. Not a doc, don't even play one on the board. :-D Just some thoughts.

Hope you find your answers soon!

Sounds like degenerative joint disiease in your neck. Go to PT or massage therapy and be happy it's not an ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back