Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
Astoria
My twitching started around June last year in the left side of my hand and left calf. Since then it's basically spread everywhere. Under sides of my left knee are a popular spot now.

Other than that the only other changes are:

My left index finger feels slightly awkward. I wouldn't say it is week, but the dexterity is not the same. I also have some tingling (or is it a tiny twitch) on my palm.

Lately my toes have also been incredibly sore.

That's about it. My question is this - This has been going on for awhile, would thing be worse off than they are by now if this actually was a MND?

Thanks

Sounds like BFS, sounds like you DO NOT HAVE ALS..

BFS can be a real booger to deal with. If you were to have ALS, you would be experiencing progressive weakness to a noticeable degree.

Twitching isn't listed in the diagnostic criteria for ALS. I'd stick with BFS. If you are diagnosed with BFS, that is a very good thing because that does not change into ALS.
It is a completely unassociated syndrome and not a disease.

Zaphoon

I have been twitching for almost three years now. Everyday, everywhere... I have twitches, cramps, pain and many other things but I don't have atrophy and I didn't lose my muscle strenght. Until now it is considered BFS. I hope it is "just" this and I think it is your case too. There are some medicines that can relief these symptoms. I took for a while but I decided not take any more because of some side effects. Although it is a benign condition I know how it is a difficult condition to deal but I have learned here with many PALS that we should go through our lives. They are suffering much more than me and they still have the strength to live so after many things I have read here I decided to put this behind me and continue my life. If this is just BFS only God knows and in any case there is no much to do in terms of treatment so the better thing to do is continue living your life as full as you can.
God stay with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back