Not open for further replies.

tms23

Country
UK
State
London
City
London
I never gave attention at my muscles in stomach, which feel very knotty/ fibrous. But since one week i also feel soreness at my upper stomach are, where the ribs begin. Are my muscles that knotty because they atrophy? I tested it at my brothers stomach; His
is Clean. I do not have much fat at my stomach, i am very thin. Is the stomach are bulbar or limb?

WHAT?!:shock:...........no als does not start in the stomach muscles.
that has to be the most rediculous reason for suspecting als we have ever had on the forum............please give us a break:roll:

The point is, i have twitching since 5 month. I think, i should feel any weekness if it is ALS. But if i have weekness in my stomach area, would i realise it like in legs or arms!? And would it been shown on the EMG? That's why I ask if it is bulbar or limb area.

Technically, it is neither. Twitching usually means nothing. Very, very, very rare for ALS to show in stomach area first. Not sure if anyone here has EVER started that way. I think you need to try some relaxation therapy.

AL.

sorry tms23,i had a bad night with spasms and lack of sleep so i am in a bit of a sarcastic mood today.

i do have weak torso muscles my pt said,though i have never felt any spasms or twitching there.
the only real symptom i have felt is that my arms can shake uncontrollably sometimes if i am holding something,i thought it was clonus but my pt said its weakness in the torso.
i too am very slim but still i think it would be nearly impossible to detect atrophy in the stomach area...........unless you were on the chubby side and your limbs are now fatter than your stomach.

I have never heard of it starting there.

But I do get muscle spasms down there. They are usually quick and painful, and just by moving differently , they will stop. I refer to them as aliens , because sometimes they are visible under my shirt, and it looks like they are moving . Kind of like in the first Aliens movie. :twisted:

Maybe I need to eat more to give them a better stretch. LOL

Ok Glen. that's it, we are not letting you back into the ship! :razz:

Yeah, Glen! You are not allowed back onboard the ship!

Caroline, I sincerely hope you are having a restful night tonight after your difficulty last night. Oh, and I'm with you on the absurdity of stomach onset. What's next? I'm waiting for someone to claim a sex organ onset. (You know, its where the next reported twitching will come from.)

Sorry....

PZ

Last edited:
PZ, I've had THAT kind of twitching since I was twelve! :wink::wink:

Aha! See! And now you have MND!

Hey, you know, I started to have similar twitching at that age, too and now look at me!

Geez guys, maybe you're on to something. I had that twitching too. Rubbing with lotion helped control it but only for a day or so.

AL.

HAHAHA , foolish mortals, you think this to be your ship ? Too late.

Attachments

• aliens.jpeg
    aliens.jpeg
    4 KB · Views: 6,347
Boys will be boys.

Hey my dad also has the sense of humor of a 12-year-old boy just like you guys. Maybe that is also an early warning sign?

Thelma,

You must have said it many times in the past. We never really grow up.

I am 18 yrs old with 32 years of experience. And YES, I would not have it any other way.

Glen

Does the muscle change from clean to an bumby surface when it atrophies (like very tiny knots on the muscle)? I really have problems with my muscle in stomach area and very strong soreness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back