Reason
Other
Country
US
State
CA
City
Los Angeles
Thank you so much for responding to all of my posts so far. I went to the ENT today for a check up on my TMJ. I have started TMJ therapy. Anyways, both my therapist and my ENT noticed that my jaw deviated mildly to the left. I then asked the ENT if it was due to my TMJ and he said that it is not the initial cause, and that it is most likely due to muscle weakening on one side. For those of you who are diagnosed, have you had or heard of a deviating jaw as a primary symptom of ALS? Thank you for your responses.

No I do not think it would be at all a reason for diagnosed. I have this same problem, but let me add I have had TMJ previously, it has just been made much worse from muscle weakness, and jaw jerk. I make the entire dentist office cringe in pain when I open my mouth (I mean my JAW)lol... Have you seen a neuro? if this and your ear seem to be a major concern, I would not think ALS..

Thanks Hoping. Right now those are pretty much my only concerns, but I didn't mention my deviating jaw to a neuro because the ENT just addressed it today. Prior to your diagnosis, did your TMJ cause your jaw to deviate?

No, I would say it happened with all of my other symptoms. Not before. I would think that point's away from ALS. A neuro can tell Jaw jerk, and UMN symptoms, he should be able to see that himself.

My jaw jerk is a 1+. Hoping...do you know what yours is?

Yes mine is 4 with clonus.. 1 plus is good. That surely sounds promising.

Hoping...I'm sorry to hear your jaw is so bad and causing you problems? Has it always been a 4 with clonus or did it start like at a 1+ or 2+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back