Reason
Other
Country
US
State
mi
City
farm hls
I know that I've had a normal emg and should forget about this. I had one more question regarding fasciculations. It seems that when I wake up in the morning and stretch out my legs, I notice them more. Like they stop during sleep and start when I wake up. Does this sound concerning? Also, when the neurologist performs the emg, if he doesn't have the needle exatly where I feel fasciculations, can thery be missed?

kat, you said you were gonna calm down. :-D The simple truth is... fascics mean NOTHING, whether they are picked up or not by an EMG.

If you are having a fascic near the needle - it will pick it up. Could you have one in a large muscle away from the needle and it be missed - YES.

My fascic count would probably number in the millions or billions by now - who knows. It's probably over 10,000 since I have been up this morning, and they have never been picked up on an EMG.

Please get your mind of fascics. To a neurologist, they mean absolutely nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

As a matter of fact probably the highest percentage of people that get EMG'ed worrying about ALS are med school students who know just enough about ALS to get a buddy to EMG them. Did I mention they mean nothing to a neurologist?

It's easy for worriers to be consumed by fascics. If you have them forever, you will get used to them. They don't even annoy me now, and didn't a few months after they started.

I really am trying to help. Listen to me, OK?

When you have PSW's and Fib's and giant motor units and reduced interferance pattern widespread and a clinical picture suggestive of ALS, then it is time to worry. I wish I had a clean EMG.

Kat-- you would be better off asking these questions in the fasciculations forum, aboutbfs.com. Almost everyone there will tell you that they too have increased twitching in the mornings or after they stretch.

Thank you all for your support. I will continue to pray for everyone that is affected by this

well when u do flex the muscles they do tend to fasciculate/twitch...thats normal...other than that if u had an normal EMG there is nothing to worry about......as spontanious activity is generally picked by an emg ,and with MND u do get a dirty one....with wider AMPLITUDE in the initial stages to having an reduced one during the later part of it....so relax...u dont have MND.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back