Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
PA
sw4ciq.jpg

34soznc.jpg

I have no pain or numbness :/

OK, anyone else out there ever play that game where you form your fingers like that (in an "O") and try to earn points by getting someone to look at it? Huge part of my highschool days...

Breezee, I guess you are trying to get an opinion on atrophy? I don't really see it; those depressions on the inside of your hand-I have those as well and was hung up for quite a while staring at them. But in the year plus since I have noticed them they haven't changed, leading me to suspect they were like that all along. When did you notice yours? As for the outside of your thumb, I don't know...looks thin but maybe that is just your hand? I can't really tell, others will probably offer their opinions. Are you having trouble with your hand? You can make that shape (touching thumb to pointer) easily?

Lydia

I'm a cashier so I need my hands, like reeeally need my hands, and I need to be able to make quick FINE movements with them. I'm having MAJOR problems doing that.

I know the pics are bad, but that first pic should be showing how my thumb dents in when I use to to grasp on to things.

I also notice weakness around my mouth on the left side when I smoke a cigarette, and now my right foot is getting weak too (hard to pick up when I walk)

but that other stuff doesn't bother me. it's my hands... cuz that area where my thumb meets my hand... it's kind of important :/

breeze,

Have you been to a dr yet, have you had any bloodwork or tests....It could be so many different things that are treatable.
I guess google brought you to an ALS forum.

When did you notice this with your hands and feet? Can you still flex your foot up and down from the ankle?

I am from Philly, are you located near there. (You don't have to say where you are from) But I know Shit Towne is not a place.

breeze,

Have you been to a dr yet, have you had any bloodwork or tests....It could be so many different things that are treatable.
I guess google brought you to an ALS forum.

When did you notice this with your hands and feet? Can you still flex your foot up and down from the ankle?

I am from Philly, are you located near there. (You don't have to say where you are from) But I know Shit Towne is not a place.

I haven't seen my regular doctor nor my neurologist in 2 years. everything treatable has been tested for (seriously. I could give you a list of all the blood work and other tests if you'd like)

I will be seeing my old neuro sometime in August though (I went to a free clinic, who then hooked me up with an appointment with him. see, I lost my insurance when I turned 23.. was on my mom's... you know how it is)

google brought me here because I googled the words "ALS forum" :cool:

ok... first noticed weakness... LONG LONG TIME AGO. back in high school. I quit playing basketball because my legs were getting weak and my knees started to hurt. I also couldn't breathe very well.... so slept a lot and got depressed. I can stilll pick up my right ankle... but it's not easy.

and I'm in northumberland co :grin:

Breeze....u havent told for how long this has been going on....yes, that dent of ur thumb is clearly visible....is it only ur left hand that is having weakness...it could be so many things, u need to see a doc and get his/her opinion on wats going on with u.

it's both hands, left worse than right (thank god I'm right handed)

first noticed problems back in high school (24 now) but again, it was my left side... so I ignored any weakness. now that my right side is also giving me problems, and now that I noticed atrophy in my hands, I'm rethinking everything (long story short lol)

I will be going back to neuro sometime in August :)

my limps are very thin and so is my left hand. I'll post better pics later... I gotta go to werk now!

limbs*** are very thin

also, I've had tons of blood work and other tests.... it's not treatable :/

thats almost 9 years we are talking about here breezee...see a neuro and get some answers regarding this....but i dont think its ALS if thats what you are here for ....9 years is a long time for ALS to progress , and by now u would have had lot more problems with ur hands rather than just having weakness.
as for your blood work what did they tell u to give the impression that its not treatable?

I think he might mean since whatever is causing this problem has not been determined (undiagnosed) that there is no course of treatment to follow, for now, yes?

ya Lydia i guess u are right ...Breezee meant undiagnosed and not untreatable.

Breeze ... Glad you will be seeing your doctor. Whatever it is, you need a professional to evaluate it.

Good luck.

Well what I meant was all bloodwork came back normal. I first noticed weakness five years ago, then maybe another 2 years later I noticed atrophy of my legs and arms and hands

so Breezee u have been to a doc(neuro)?....and i guess he must have asked for u to have all those bloodwork u are talking about....or is it that u had it all going by ur own self....anyways i would still say it doesnt sound like ALS ....5 years again is a long time for ALS to work itself on u....and 3 years since atrophy that too localised and not progressing i doubt it...so see a neuro and get an expert opinion on wats wrong!

LOL I plan to..

I went to a neuro 2 years ago who ordered about 20 blood and other tests

So no one thinks it's a motor neuron disease- that's great. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back