Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Delaware
City
Marydel
hi! to all.I am Edward m 28...i have been having non-stop twitching all over my body for the past 16 months or so...along with few cramps that i have had in my upper back and chest...other than that i dont have any atrophy (atleast i cant see any) or any sort of weakness in my limbs....along with this i do get sporadic pain in my foot worst when i get up in the morning ...it sometimes is in my toe...ankle..achilles tendon...pretty much all the muscles in both my both feet are effected...and some times my joints pain as well ...wrist...elbow..knee....this pain scenario has been goin on for the past 2 years....and it subsides with pain killers.

i thought it to be uric acid or my sugar got them tested and both were under nomal limits uric acid-6.1 and sugar level-91(empty stomach)...although i havent had any walking problems so far but i am really worried about my symptoms...please help me out here and clarify...are these symptoms related to MND.

Thanks again
Edward

Edward, it doesn't sound anything like ALS ...

You say you thought it was uric acid or sugar and got them tested. Sounds like you've been trying to diagnosed yourself for two years. What does your doctor say? Does he/she just go along with any tests you suggest? If so, I'd get another doctor.

You need to be evaluated by a doctor and see what the doctor says. I don't think you'll find the answers on this forum.

Bethu thanks a lot for the reply...frankly speaking i wasnt so much bothered about the pain as it never did come in the way of my routine life...one painkiller was enough to take care of it....its since i have had these worrysome twitches, i have been worried about whats goin on with me....i went to see a general physician recently and he asked me to have these tests ...he also checked me for my BP which was sky high 170/100...seems my body is a mess rite now...he has asked me to seek an expert opinion from a neuro and orthopaedician.

thanks again.

I agree with what Bethu said that its not ALS and that u've been trying to self diagnosed urself for the past two yrs..I guess u have'nt been taking good care of urself, coz just by taking a painkiller for that sporadic pain that u have did'nt make it go away did it...and it took u 2 yrs and to get urself tested and that too after u got twitches....now please do listen to ur physician and get an expert opinion and from now on do take better care of urself.

I would not be alarmed or bothered with twitches. They could be brought on my something as simple as anxiety. The more you anx over them, the worse they may get.

If, on the other hand, you start having difficulty buttoning a shirt, going upstairs or opening a jar of pickles for a prolonged period of time, then I would start to get a bit alarmed.

Zaphoon

(I love twitches!)

thanks a lot for all your replies...Zaphoon i dont have any problem as far as opening a jar or buttoning my shirt is concerned....neither do i percieve any sort of weakness...but yes when i do go upstairs my right knee pains like hell...is this the sort of difficulty walking you are talking about.

somebody please correct me if i am wrong...but i dont think u can associate joint pain(knee pain in ur case) with ALS ...rather your legs would feel weak and jirky when u go upstairs.

You are absolutely correct.

Thanks Joel...i hope your confirmation satisfies Edward more than me and would put his mind at ease.

thanks a ton to all you guys, you all have been more than helpfull. Yes Milli that does put my mind at ease..so thanks to Joel and u.
you guys have touched my heart with your generosity..thanks again and loads of regards.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back