Not open for further replies.

Trevor

Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Cambridge
I continue to get weaker and weaker. When I wake up in the morning my fingers are stiff and sore. I've started to have very sore shoulder blades and they grind a lot. I wake up with a dry mouth and sore throat. My arm and shoulders are sore. I experience lots of twitching everywwhere, except my face. My tongue is coated and has been coated white for months.When I get up from a chair my legs are weak and my arms look like they have ripples in them. I eat fairly well but the next day I'm back to my skinny self. My neck is stiff and sore. I'm 44 and slowly have been getting worse. I'm scared of coarse and also very mad and trying to keep my composure as I believe I have als and will be told July 13, 2009 during my emg test. When I stand I feel pain in my shoulder and shoulder blades. I dread morning and nights.

going by your history ulcerative colitis does cause weight loss....other than that the symptoms u are talking about are more related to ur meds and have no connection of any sort to ALS....Prednisone is an anabolic steroid and has side effects such as infections, joint pain,dry mouth and even anxiety...white coating of ur tongue could be THRUSH or GEOGRAPHIC TONGUE(try scraping it off...if it is scrapped off easily its geog tongue...otherwise dont push it as thrush coating wont come off)...and those ripples u are talking about i guess are stretch marks....so dont worry and relax and as far as ur fasciculations are concerned could be anything (my guess autoimmune disorders)...but not als....so just get it through with on the 13th!.
and why am i saying all this coz i myself have a personal experience with anabolic steroids(been a pro bodybuilder for over 8 years now) and i took deca-durabolin(nandrolone) and testosterone...so i know what they can do to ur body!

Your right wait and see what happens on the 13th. Thanks for your reponse

ur welcome...glad that i was of some help.
take care.

Millinero, I suggest you consider arthritis as a possibility, and besides the possibility of thrush, try drinking more water. You may just be sleeping with your mouth open. That would cause a dry mouth and sore throat. You could try a chin strap. Good luck!

HI! Marjorie.....well its not me but Trevor who's going through it all...anyways thanks for that good luck!

I went swimming yesterday (Sunday) and Monday morning my bicips and triceps were sore and felt like they were burning. does ALS and Fibromylgia have common symptoms

No, ALS and fibromyalgia don't have overlapping symptoms as far as I know. ALS doesn't start with pain or muscle aches.

It sounds like your muscles are sore from your swimming yesterday. That is universal: you exercise muscles you haven't worked for a while, or increase or vary your workouts, and the next day, your muscles ache.

(BTW, back to your original post: if your pcp can't explain the coating on your tongue, see a dentist. He may suggest a different oral hygiene routine. There are numerous harmless things that can cause this coating.

(And I can't understand why anyone would have "ripples" on their arms from sitting in a chair, unless it is imprints from the fabric? If these only appear after you have been sitting ... and it's the same chair all the time ... and they go away after you have been out of the chair for a little while, it's the chair, not you.

(Marjorie is right ... waking up with a dry mouth and sore throat indicates sleeping with your mouth open.)

u went swimming and you are worried about ALS ...come on ...even you know how much muscle strength it takes to swim....so relax wat u have are sore muscles due to lactic acid.

The swimming part was just say a comment about my continous health issues. My question was the relationship between fibromylia and ALS which was answered. For a couple of weeks when I stretch my arms and legs just shake. I'm concerned as anyone would be. I will wait and see on the 13th what happens. If everything is okay, I plan on donating to the ALS foundation as through this forum I've learned more then DR Goggle and unfortuately it takes one to get ill or experience health problems to realize there are more important things than a new car or clothing.

well Trevor as for that swimming part if u were able to swim just dont ponder over ALS...and as for ur health issues get it soughted out on the 13th.

My neuro suggested I start swimming to build up shoulder muscle that has been lost. I think he wants to see me drown.

If you ever want to see something funny, try watching the swim test administered in Navy bootcamp! Its a real hoot! When I went through, they actually classified the non-swimmers as rocks. All rocks (the guys that sank to the bottom during the test) were placed in a special company called, "The Rock Company" so they could have remedial swimming lessons as part of their week.

You couldn't graduate from bootcamp until you could swim. Lots of water out there, folks!

Sorry for the ramble...

PZ

lol...good one ...Zaphoon.

With ALS you cannot build muscle, if that was so- we would not have ALS. ALS is about muscle atrophy.

Get another neuro as he obviously knows nothing about ALS.

You mean you have to know how to swim to be in the navy? Oh well, another potential career is out for me! BTW Zaph, what is Gumby reading? The instruction manual for his space suit? Recipes for the plastic chef? :)

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back