Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
pa
City
tobyhanna
Hello everyone, I thought I would give a quick update. I arrived safe and sound back to the states in June which is a great thing so on to the med stuff.
I had my appt bumped up due to a cancellation. So I went and saw Dr Brown at U of Penn in Phila the other day for another EMG / NCV and clinical exam.
The long and the short of it was that I have some issues, chronic denervation, fascilations and some +2 amplitudes whatever that is BUT here is the GOOD NEWS

He says while he cant be 100% sure I have no muscle disease he is CONFIDENT that I do NOT.

He thinks that after seeing my MRI I have 3-4 bulging / herniated discs in my neck and he sees arthritis in my neck and shoulder that these things could cause my EMG issues and muscle atrophy / twitch / weakness.

So this is my story and Im sticking to it. I'm going to take the summer off and not worry about ALS or anything else :smile:

My heart goes out to anyone battling this monster and I wanted to say that I have seen some of THE strongest MOST positive people in my life right here on this board.

Cheers to everyone on this board!

Thank You!

-- 11Bravo

I like that idea, thank you for updating us, and I like your attitude. I have noticed a lot of people on hear from PA. many more than I would think.. It seem's some areas are just to over represented here. some states that really seem prevelant. Pennsylvania, Florida, Michagen, and New York, I know these states are large, but still it seem's like a lot of people from these states.. Just thinking out loud..

11Bravo,

I'm happy you seem to be getting the "all clear" regarding ALS. Here's hoping your physical troubles can be mended quickly.

Zaphoon

Hi 11Bravo! Hmmm, you may have something going on....but, then again I'm not a doctor. As long as denervation is not 'acute and chronic', things should be OK.

Wishing you a pleasant summer!

lovelily

Hey PZ....I don't remember gumby 'EVER' going into space. :?: Did I miss something? You have a good weekend!

Lovelily,

You didn't miss a thing. Gumby simply switched into his new and improved "All In One" suite. He is now prepared to go to the moon, deep sea diving and fight in nuclear, biological or chemical warfare.

Pokey was mistaken for a wild mustang and rounded up in Montana. I think he is on his way to a dog food plant.

PZ

Hey 11bravo ,
That is fantastic news.

PZ,
just watch out for orange bits of plastic in that so called pate you will be eating. Alpo is it ?

Bravo, I am happy to hear the news. I remember you from a while ago and was worried for you.

Lydia

11bravo-

Great news! Thanks for the update-enjoy your summer!
take care,
brenda

Glen,

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the orange plastic bits. Regarding Alpo, you just wouldn't believe dog food could taste that good!

PZ

Bravo,

That's great news that he thinks it's the slipped discs causing the problems. Enjoy the summer!

PZ ~ My Grandmother....may she rest in peace, always said that the senior citizens used to have to eat dog food, because regular food was too expensive. :shock: Heck you could go to McDonald's, for the price of a can of dog food.

I hope gumby never resorts to canned dog food....the dry is so much better. :smile: Pokey may have some good sound advice....Oh wait, he's not a dog.

Have a good evening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back