Other
Country
US
State
New England
City
someplace
Hi, all,

I just found out the neuro office has a cancellation for an EMG tomorrow, which I can take, or wait til my scheduled appt. on June 30.somehow this makes it all suddenly too real. I am afraid to go and afraid of what I am going to find out. would you take the appointment or wait til the 30th? somehow not knowing what is happening and having "a little more time" is oddly comforting. I know it's not that much difference and this post probably seems ridiculous, but I am suddenly terrified-- not of the test itself, but the results.

thanks,

Sandra

It is what it is.. Look at Lorie, she likely has Als and is the caregiver for her brother. If she can find the strength to fight to beat ALS, well then we all can. Just get the emg after that take it from there, nothing we can do about it anyway.
Saddness is for history, Worry is for Tommorrow, living is for Today.....

I would definitely take the earlier appointment. For me it was best to know as soon as possible, not knowing is much worse. I can deal with the known, not the unknown.

DEFINITELY take the earlier appointment. No question.

I took the appointment. Time to be a big girl. Thanks to all.

Sandra

Way to go Sandra . Good Luck at tomorrows appointment.

Remember to say "Thank You may I have another shock please" , giggling helps you get through it.

Glen

OK, Glenn. I will try giggling! as long as the neurologist doesn't repeatedly say "Is it safe?", a la the dentist scene in "Marathon Man," I think I will be OK. with the test, at least!

Sandra

Hi Sandra....Best wishes for your test tomorrow! It really is a piece of cake.

Sandra, I just spit out my beer! If you had any idea how many times we say "is it safe?" in our family (and "what's in the box?")....hahaha... Curious how many people know the reference.

Good for you picking the earlier appt. Let us know....thinking of you-

Lydia

I hope the EMG went well for you!

Sandra, No matter what. Keep your chin up!

Lorie

Emg is done

Hi everyone- thanks to all of you for taking the time to wish me well with the EMG this morning, especially you, Lorie. With all that you are going through in caring for your brother and your own neuro stuff happening now, the fact that you reached out to wish me well speaks volumes about you as a person. I don't know you, but from what I have read here you seem like an amazing woman. I hope your test results all point to something other than ALS.

I had the NCV and EMG early this morning; the EMG part was done by the neurologist. Unfortunately, the inscrutable Dr. Hsu did not want to divulge any results until he reviewed the tests further with a colleague and went over the other recent tests I had done (evoked potentials and MRI of cervical spine). He said either he or his physician's assistant would go over everything with me at my next appointment on July 13, so I guess there really was no rush for me to go in this morning, but at least I got the test over with. I also went in by myself, so maybe that was a factor. I did not press him for results, probably because I was afraid of what he would say. Gotta face the fear eventually, right?

He tested my right arm and both legs, including the hip area. He did not test the weaker of the two arms and when I asked about that, he said he "had enough information" from the other limbs. I thought I would be moving my arms and legs around a lot during the test, but he only had me push my feet down slightly and press out on the elbow.

So more waiting. Part of me feels that if the test were normal, he would have just said so to ease my mind, since I am obviously an anxious sort. Do you think I should request the EMG report prior to going in on July 13?

anyway, thanks again.

Sandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back