Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
ok
City
OKC
Hi, all..not a hypochondriac here, just concerned. I had an acct here, and asked a question last yr..can't find it..forgot my "name"..:p~ Anyway, my husband is almost 45. He has had some issues with swallowing for about 2 yrs. Feels like he can't swallow, his food gets "stuck", so it comes back up. This happenes a few times per month. (I fear eating out, as it almost ALWAYS happens then, too.) Also, I have noticed (and, thought due to fatigue,,,he works nights) that has 2-3 bad leg cramp episodes per week in his calf. And those are the ones I see. Excruciating. I feel so bad for him when it happens. Today was when I felt more concern. At church, he was holding my paper cup of coffee, his elbow started to ache (has been bothering him, chiropractor said probably tennis elbow...) , he started to rub it, but his hand on the same side just let go of the cup. He had no strength in it. he just said he couldn't grasp it, couldn't hold it..went "dead"..not numb, just didn't work is how he put it. His arm aches, feels weak. I am going to make an appt. with out GP. Is that right? We do have good insurance, a PPO, should I start with the GP? Does ant of this sound like ALS? (Google is one evil monster!)
Thanks for any comments...I have been reading these this evening...nice people here...:)

First off - it does not sound like ALS.

Second, seeing a GP is a good idea.

You are right, googling symptoms is a really bad idea as there is so much misinformation out there.

Welcome to the forum and keep us informed on what your GP says.

In the meantime try to put ALS out of your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back