Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
Okay, so you've heard of the Babinski sign, the Hoffman sign and the Romberg sign but you haven't heard of the physical Zaphoon sign.

I have noticed when I'm striking the keys of the piano with the fingers of my left hand, my adams apple bobbles with every strike. There is a slight delay from strike to throat bobble which leads me to believe this is a reflex action.

Now, all we need to do is associate this with a disease, disorder or syndrome. Shucks, why not just call it "Zaphoon's Syndrome" as indicated by a classic physical Zaphoon sign. At first, it presents much like PLS but is differentiated by this unique, new neurological wonder of a sign.

So, everyone can test themselves for Zaphoon's Syndrome by seeing if they present the classical "physical Zaphoon sign". Here is how you do it.

Walk over to your piano, strike a key using your index or middle finger with your left hand for several minutes. You must have a mirror in front of you so that you can observe any bobbles of your adam's apple. If your adams apple does not bobble after striking the key, do a happy dance!

Ladies, I already know what you are thinking. "We don't have an adams apple!. What can we do to test ourselves for Zaphoon's Syndrome?" Well, I'm working on it...

Zaphoon

He's at it again! Ba-da-boom; ba-da-bing!

Zaph, I have a piano but what are keys?

The keys are the 88 black and white dealies you play with your fingers. There are 52 white keys and 36 black keys.

I'm often standing when I'm tuning but I don't know if it makes a difference if you hit the keys standing or sitting. I just notice this happens when I'm standing in front of a mirror while I'm standing tuning.

PZ

I have no piano. I have no Adam's Apple. I guess I'm okay!

Zaph-

you are on of a kind, that is FOR SURE.

When I smile- my mouth is crooked and my whole face twitches. Brushing teeth and watching this in the mirror is HIDEOUS.

Im thinking I could scare the hell out of somone if they hire me when the Fair comes around in August.

Love,
Cindy

Ladies, I already know what you are thinking. "We don't have an adams apple!. What can we do to test ourselves for Zaphoon's Syndrome?" Well, I'm working on it...

I tried. My left boob jumped up and belted me in the eye.

Zaphoon,

You will be held responsible for any and all black eyes suffered by female forum members. LOL:lol:

You folks are just too much fun!

PZ

I just notice this happens when I'm standing in front of a mirror while I'm standing tuning.

Hey, PZ ... I've figured out a cure! Stop standing in front of mirrors when you tune pianos!

Beth,

I can't help myself. In fact, I don't even need a mirror - just a very shiny finish will do!

PZ

kewl ....

I am going to invent a new bracket for the front of a wheelchair , to hold vanity mirrors. To honor the Great PZ , I will call it "The hand of Zaphoon" .

Now I need to find a mirror that will lie to the rest of us , as we all are not as lovely as the Great PZ.

*snicker*

Glen, Hilarious!

You've given me a great idea! I do not yet have need of a wheel chair but do, at times, employ the use of a cane. My youngest daughter has already recommended racing stripes for the cane but a side-view mirror! Now, that would be a nice touch.

PZ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back