bart1

Country
bel
State
Brussels
City
Brussels
Hi all,

Yesterday I went back to my neuro (professor in MND). I'm twitching & cramping almost 20 months now. However cramping came later on.
I had 2 clean EMG's - the first after 1 month (other neuro) of twitching and the second after 2 months of twitching. Both clean except fascics.

Last weeks I doubted my earlier BCFS diagnosed because of constant bad hand cramping and increased arm twitching. Also my hand seems weaker. I doubted my diagnosed because I read posts here of pals with cramps preceding weakness.

So I went back yesterday, told him about the hand cramping and increased cramping. He said it was 'unusual', but not alarming He did a clincical again and said he stays with the diagnosed BCFS. He said if I ended up with ALS after this period, my clean EMG at the beginning and the follow up, I would become a documented case. He didn't want to do further investigations.

Ofcourse I was relieved untill I read a post here about "clincical weakness" and that it is hard to detect by a neuro.

Can I rely on this neuro's diagnosed or should I insist of having more tests?

Thanks
Bart

My opinion is that you should be glad you do not have ALS , and look at ways to treat your symptoms.

If you are not satisfied with the doctors diagnosed, you are always allowed to get another opinion, but will you be satisfied with the next one ?

Enjoy life , its too short .

Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back