Other
Country
HOL
State
AMS
City
AMs
Hi There,

After reading numberous of posts about twitches and cramps I still got a few questions that I would like to ask the pals that had cramps as first symptom before weakness :?

When you experienced the cramps did you go to a neuro and did he/ she gave you a wrong diagnose or did you get to a neuro when weakness was involved?

If I have cramps and twitching and went to a well trained neuro, should he/she find other abnormalities in my clinical?

Thank you very much

Justin

Take a wild guess as to who is biting his tongue again and bleeding all over his keyboard . . . and JUST when I had it all cleaned-up from the last time!

Sorry Wright for asking this but I have read a lot of posts here regarding cramps and twitches before weakness but when I read those posts I don't know if people went to a neuro with this or not. I just mean, if people went to a neuro with the cramps or fascics and the neuro says , oh well nothing wrong here...sorry but then I maybe have got some big problems over here

Like another post I read from a guy : fascics - emg clean but neuro says he has to come back for 2 years and have interval emg's ?

Look I know you don't have your ALS scare anymore but you, I still have, I'm new with this
Let me some up some posts maybe you will understand me

What I read is:
Al saying: first symptoms leg cramps, a year later fascics and that a while before real weakness (that's maybe more than 2 years before weakness)

TBear: His wife's cramps seemed to intensify in the years before her diagnosed

Omar: cramping was one of my first symptoms

Westjlittle: cramping was first symptom, suffered for 1 to 1.5y before other symptoms

Clbrink: Her husband had cramps 2 years prior diagnosed

Quadbliss: twitching for 2 years

ZenArcher: Twitching and cramping in left hand started in 1999 - diagnosed 2007 !

PegB:
Right hand cramping started in 2002 -- diagnosed 2007 !

pmbenb83: husband started to have cramps for a year

PhilM : onset: cramps , a year before noticable weakness

Doris LittleCramps for a year before new something was wrong

?

Eleven people on this forum who reported cramps before ALS. What about the BILLIONS of people who get cramps but don't ever get ALS and aren't on this forum? Everybody gets cramps (and twitches for that matter)

My husband didn't even know he had fasciculations; he went to the neuro for foot drop, weakness and atrophy. He still doesn't have cramps! Diagnosed 5/08

Justin ... the short answer is this. If you have ANY physical condition that is causing you concern, see a doctor. If your primary care physician thinks you have a neurological problem, he/she will refer you to a neurologist. THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT ! Seriously. That's what people do when they have health concerns ....

Wright: Perhaps you can find disposable keyboards. Better stock up for July 5, after MLB makes everybody in the US "aware" of ALS.

Justin

The difference between you and me, is that I actually LISTENED to what the people on here had to say . . . and more importantly . . . I LISTENED to what my neuro's told me. On top of that, my symptoms were that of painless weakness and muscle atrophy . . . the actual symptoms that El Eshorial cites.

You're getting small parts of everyone's stories; you have no idea the other things that were going on and you're fixating on just one aspect of them all. That's not good science and/or medicine. You should NEVER believe anything you read until you get the full story. Stop taking a little bit here and a little bit there and trying to fit them to your symptoms (symptoms that your neuro told you were due to BFS) . . . and definitely stop trying to be a doctor because you are woefully unqualified.

If you don't believe your first neuro, then go get another opinion and do yourself a favor, LISTEN TO HIM/HER THIS TIME.

P.S. My rhetoric might sound a bit harsh but believe it or not, I'm trying to help you.

How about looking at it this way...

Lots of people get headaches. A very few get them because they have a tumor. However, when the people who don't have tumors go to the doctor, the doctor does not find a tumor, and instead finds the person suffers (for example) from migraines.

An even smaller percentage of the migraine folks, years down the line find that they have a brain tumor. The migraines did not cause the brain tumor. It was not always there.

You went to the doctor, your exam did not apparently have OTHER markers for ALS.

Rose, I have a headache - are you saying it's a tumor? Cause I've twitched for 20 years and it must be ALS.;)

Yes, Ktmj, I'd have to say it is likely you have a brain tumor. I cannot speculate as to whether it is cancerous or not.

You probably can expect it to progress at the same rate your ALS has for the last 20 years, so, maybe in 5 years (or so) you should make a doctor appointment to get a professional opinion.

Until you're ready to take these steps to help yourself, we're here for you! Any time day or night, you just type away. Try running all of your words together when you do it, and fail to use much punctuation so we can understand the depth of your angst.

Maybe, just because you're a wild and crazy guy, you might even consider popping a couple of ibuprofen, tylenol or aspirin ~ or not....

Good grief rose, I am starting to worry that 50 years from now when I am 93 I'll be dead. Wait, can I be dead and 93? Or would I be dead and it just be 93 years since I was born?

Geesh, I can't think logically - it has to be a brain tumor, or that TTD that Zaph has.

I'm gonna go consult Google right now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back