Other
Country
HOL
State
AMS
City
AMs
Hi

I'm reading a lot of threads here. I will share you my story.

I'm having minor cramps and aching in my legs since Feb 08. This cramping thing is going on for 15 months now. I also have twitches in my legs but they really don't seem to worry me because I mostly read cramps before weakness. The cramps have increased and have now settled in one of my hands, but really continous. It's not a big cramp but crampy feeling constanly and the feeling it could go into a huge cramp. It's between the thumb and index finger.

I went to a neuro like 12 months ago when I was having the twitches and he told be it is benign fasciculation syndrome. (had EMG 12 months - only fascics)

With those hand cramps I'm not just that sure anymore because I read a lot of posts here saying they had cramps before weakness.

Does this sound like an early onset?

Of all the other . . . LITERALLY, ONE BILLION THINGS IT COULD BE . . . why on earth would you fixate on ALS? That is actually a rhetorical question, so no need to answer it. Just listen to your neuro and please RELAX!

Your neuro is trained well enough to know the difference between ALS and BFS. With BFS, you can have cramps and twitches in any muscle.

The nice, nice thing about BFS is that it does not morph into ALS. You can read that on the "aboutbfs.com" website.

Zaphoon

I don't think there are a billion other things it could be. Fascics are seen in just a few diseases and if you add cramps the list becomes very small :-(

Since the list is small, would you mind letting us have it? I don't mind being educated!

Zaphoon

Last edited:
Fasics occur in just a few conditions? What comic book did you read that from? The list is not small . . . it's just small to you because you don't know what you're saying. You have absolutely no medical background (that is blatantly obvious) so stop trying to self-diagnose yourself and FREAKING RELAX!

P.S. The majority of time, fasics don't occur in any type of disease . . . they just occur and no one knows why. What is known, is that almost always, it is of a benign nature.

How about PMS? It causes cramps and it is a well known fact that a lot of college kids get fascics from the stress of college studies. I'm sure there are a lot of female college students out there that have cramps and fascics going at the same time at one point or another.

Overdoing exercises can cause cramps and fascics. Ever seen a person's legs after they've run a marathon (or a cross country race - I use to do this)? Their legs have a tendency to cramp big-time with fascics to boot. Shucks, I can walk across the street and have both going on. Even thinking about crossing the street can set them off.

I'd much rather think my muscle problems were due to some benign nature.

Zaphoon

Last edited:
I'm reading a lot of threads here. I will share you my story.

I went to a neuro like 12 months ago when I was having the twitches and he told be it is benign fasciculation syndrome. (had EMG 12 months - only fascics)

Does this sound like an early onset

No. It sounds like BFS. Or BFCS (Benign Fasciculation-Cramp Syndrome).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back