Learn about ALS
Country
FRA
State
Paris
City
Paris
Goodday,

I've been having twitches for over 14 months. I guess it started with my left eye and then it went to my legs and so it spreaded. I think every muscle has twitched by now.
I went to a neuro. 4 months ago. He did a clinical exam and diagnosed me with BCFS.

But I have to say that the last couple of weeks my left arm is acting strange. My left hand cramps up (not the Charlie horses) I also noticed that my left bicep and left shoulder has been twitching almost non stop. I have this continuous odd crawling feeling in my left bicep (maybe fine twitching?). I can still lift dumbells equally

Does this sound like possible ALS?
I'm 31 years old male.

Best regards,
Alexandre

Alexandre,

Seems like the twitches happen whether you have ALS or not.
Like you , I have had twitches for many year. (20+)
I was only diagnosed in Oct 2008.

You already have a diagnosed of BCFS, and I think you should be happy it is not ALS.

Go out and have some fun.

Glen

Patience Alexandre. It's not busy here on weekends because even people with real ALS ( your symptoms don't sound like ALS.) still live and spend time enjoying their families and friends.

AL.

You stated that your neuro gave you a diagnosed of BCFS. I would believe him. BCFS can be most discomfitting but its a heck of a lot better than MS, PLS or ALS.

If you keep on worrying about whether or not you have ALS when you've been told you do not, you will just add to your anxiety which will exacerbate your BCFS, most likely.

Zaphoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back