Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
delaware
City
rehoboth beach
I know that my story may sound familiar, so I truly hope that I do not frustrate members of the forum, but there are some very scary things happening to my body and they have been for the past 5-6months. What scares me is that it seems as if this disease has no set pattern and can attack from many different angles and levels of progression without warning. Since my symptoms have started I have not gone a day without them, instead of writing a long post I am going to try and sum up my symptoms.

Twitching in every area of my body from my feet to my eyes, lately have had a lot of twitches in my neck.

Clonus in my hamstrings, lower abdomen, fingers and feet.

Cramping started a little while after the twitching but now they pretty much carry the same weight.

Some joint pain in ankle area and wrists.

During first couple months had electrical shock sensations throughout my body.

Bones are snapping and popping in all major joints, no pain but loud and crisp.

Wake up a lot during the night and seem to remember a lot of dreams.

I have been to neuro and had upper emg on march 23 and it was normal. I have also had mri's of brain and whole spine all were clear. Have had all blood work for lymes and arthritis and all normal, cpk normal as well.

My fear is that I may be in the begining stages and I am scared beyond belief! I am a 32 year old father of two with a beautiful wife, I am living the dream of family. I am so scared that I break down in tears every couple of days!

Thanks for listening,
jfred

I wish I had those symptoms as I would rejoice in the fact I do not have ALS!

I am not trying to make light of your fears, but your systems could point to a thousand other things and ALS is not one of them.
It could also be nothing.

Try to relax and get on with your life, worrying only creates problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back