Other
Country
US
State
IL
City
Evanston
Hello,

I'm so glad I found this website. I've recently been having the following issues: generalized fatigue, and right arm/hand weakness and stiffness along with twitching which has been getting progressively worse (I've always been a twitcher though). I'm also a 26 year old male so relatively young.

I went to the local neurologist last week to have my symptoms examined and after looking at me and conducting his various clinical tests he felt that I was alright. I asked him about the possibility of getting an EMG and he recommended against it but eventually agreed to ease my concerns. My question is, why would the neurologist be hesitant to give me an EMG even though I told him about my arm getting progressively worse? He thinks just because I'm 26 and look healthy, I should be fine. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Most neuro's won't give you an EMG just because you ask for it. They have to see some signs and symptoms before going that route. Usually blood work and a few other tests are done first. Obviously you didn't present symptoms severe enough for him to investigate further until you insisted.

AL.

Do pinch nerves in the neck sometimes cause muscle weakness without pain/numbness?

I am hoping that this is the cause of my left arm/hand weakness. I am really scared right now as I feel that this may be the onset of the disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back