Interest: I hope I am NOT in the process of being diagnosed
lydia is on a distinguished road
City: buffalo
State: ny
Interest: I hope I am NOT in the process of being diagnosed
lydia is on a distinguished road
Default new symptom?

Hello all,

Probably don't remember but I am currently waiting for something to happen so that whatever is ailing me becomes obvious to those monitoring my "condition". And maybe it has: Now that it is finally nice outside I have been spending as much time as possible in the yard, and have developed a horrible itchy rash every where the sun hits me. It fades a bit (in color and in bumpiness) after about 12 hours and then comes right back if I go outside again. If I am driving and my left arm is on the window (as it often is), the arm itself gets the rash and no where else.

I am not on any medication beyond B12, Vitamin D, CoQ10, Carnitine (sp?) and something else (forget name). I couldn't find info suggesting that any of these cause sensitivity to the sun. Anyone know?

To me this development suggests an autoimmune origin to my issues (described elsewhere, yawn). Anyone out there know anything about photosensitivity? I read a little about Lupus and the distinctive rash on the face, but surprisingly my face seems the least affected (could be the sunscreen in make-up? Yes, I wear make-up while working in the garden, but leave the pearls in the house ). Regardless, lupus doesn't really fit my symptoms...I don't think. I don't have it in me to research online anymore. The novelty and obsession of constantly googling symptoms has finally wore off, thank goodness. I have two doctor appts in the next two weeks so maybe this will be an interesting development for them.

Lydia
Old 05-28-2009, 06:56 PM #2 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Anytown
State: Maryland
Diagnosed: 7/2008
Interest: I have been diagnosed with another Motor Neuron Disease.
rose is on a very distinguished roadrose is on a very distinguished road
Extremely Helpful Member
City: Anytown
State: Maryland
Diagnosed: 7/2008
Interest: I have been diagnosed with another Motor Neuron Disease.
rose is on a very distinguished roadrose is on a very distinguished road

Lydia,

I'm bumping you up.... keep thinking how Lupus is supposed to give a sun exposure rash. How do you react to the heat, does it make you feel worse? (I personally could be happy as a snake sunning on a rock) But, high temperatures do bother those with lupus, MG, etc....
Old 05-28-2009, 07:00 PM #3 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: philadelphia
State: pennsylvania
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
crystalkk is on a distinguished road
Very Helpful Member
City: philadelphia
State: pennsylvania
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
crystalkk is on a distinguished road

Lydia,

Have you researched dermamyositis (sp)
Closed Thread

Tags
arm, autoimmune, back, driving, hours, ice, info, research, sensitivity, symptom, symptoms, vitamin d