Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
il
City
plainfield
i know that if the jaw deviates to one side it could be a sign of something neurological, is this a symptom of bulbar als, or could it be anything?

Haven't heard of that being ALS related. Any other things going on?

AL.

just going crazy i guess. i have had a lot of neurological problems, first ones starting about 4 years ago, then disapearing, and a few of them came back recently starting with headaches and double vision. i know those things are definately not related to als, but then i got twiches all over, everywhere you can imagine and made the huge mistake of google searching to see what my problem was. after reading way too much, my symptoms got worse, i have no weakness anywhere, but i listen to my speech and now it sounds different to me, but i have done all the ridiculous strength tests and everything seems to be very strong, i can whistle and yell, but my jaw definately deviates to the left when i open my mouth. thats something i can't be making up. i know there are probably a few reasons this could happen, but i am one of those unfortunate souls that will obsess relentlessly. the fact that all of my original symptoms ALL point away from als is comforting, even if they do point to something that could in fact be pretty serious. and the fact that i had the twitches several years ago, then through distraction, or whatever, they went away for years. if my mouth feels strong, and my body too, then do i still have to worry? is the jaw deviation any indicator of als, or is that yet another thing that may point to something else? by the way i am only 27-female.

Rest comfortable as it points away from ALS.

Its probably just a structural (skeletal) thing. There are pictures of me as far back as when I was a toddler where you can see that my jaw and smile are crooked. No, its not a symptom of bulbar onset ALS.

There was a couple of days when my mother's jaw seemed to have shifted. This caused her some pain but, after about 2 days her jaw shifted back to normal. We figured it was the muscle contracting or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back