Other
Country
US
State
New England
City
someplace
Hello, everyone,

I am a 43-year-old woman who has had a troubling array of symptoms over the past 3months or so, starting with stiffness in my right hand. tested for arthritis, Lyme disease, blood work, all normal. In the past month or so, the stiffness progressed to weakness in the hand, mostly with fine motor stuff, and now it is spreading to my legs, shoulders and arms. I am having trouble walking long distances and holding a pen for very long. I also have widespread muscle twitching-- not sure exactly when it started-- maybe a month or so ago-- in legs, butt, arms, hands, face and profound weakness with exertion. I have an MRI tonight and a neuro appointment and EMG in two weeks. from everything I have read online, this sounds very much like ALS. I am scared to death-- I have a baby girl, aged 2, and a 12 year old stepdaughter.

Sandra,

Welcome to the forum, Your symptoms could be sooo many different things that are treatable. Don't even think ALS, and it sounds like too much to soon to be ALS. Did the dr give you something for anxiety? Anxiety will make your symptoms 10 times worse.
Good luck with the MRI tonight.

Thanks, Crystal. I sincerely hope this is not ALS. I am not entirely sure when things started. I actually had a sort of muscle spasm in the trunk area that came and went, starting last fall. Primary care doctor has mentioned possibility of MS, but I do not have any sensory symptoms, only this progressive weakness and twitching. PCP also noted my hand muscles seem somewhat atrophied. anyway, not sure if I am even posting correctly here. when I post, do I just click on New thread? what is a tag? Thanks for info and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back