04/2009
Country
IRA
State
tehran
City
tehran
HELLO
i am a new member . my father have 67 years and from 3 months ago he began with muscle atrophy in left food. after any screening by neurologist (MRI ,CBC, Pb blood level , ESR,T3/T4,LDH,SGOT,SGPT, Na-P-Ca, HTC,.........) all tests is ok except EMG that reveals muscle atrophy in left food and any other hand and food have not any signe in EMG. His neurologist diagnosed "probable ALS " and said that if symtomes become sever take EMG in 2months later . because he take the Levostatin ( drug for controling cholestrol )for 10 years and this drug may mimic ALS symptums do we have a chance the symptom is due to drug? (notice that the CPK is high CPK =360)

Hello. It sounds to me that EMG result demonstrated some issues in one locale only (left foot) and therefore your father's neurologists wants to repeat it in order to establish if the problem is more wide spread.

My partner's EMG initially only showed problems in his left hand, so we were told the same thing - wait for a few months and have another EMG. Second time, there were changes in both of his legs and his abdomen picked up by the test, even though he did not have any atrophy in those parts of his body, just the atrophy of the arm. He was diagnosed with motor neuron disease. El-Escorial criteria for diagnosis has been discussed several times, so you may wish to use the search option and search previous posts.

I do not know anything about Levostatin, but hope that it turns out that those symtpoms are caused by the drug. Regards, Danijela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back