Other
Country
US
State
Alabama
City
Anniston
Quick Background:
I posted a while back with my symptoms, which began in July after taking Cipro and also during an extremely stressful time. I then received a diagnosis from my GP who talked with two nueros of GBS. My symptoms are still about the same as the last time I posted (better than initial onset, yet far from 100%). Fasics, Trembling, Aches/Pains, fatigue, etc....all still there, just not as frequent. Something tells me this isn't GBS, but anyway on to the question...

After doing yardwork with a machine that vibrates (weedeater or push mower), my body is a wreck. A couple of months ago after weed eating, my arms shook beyond belief when I would hold my hands up to my mouth to eat. I could not even bring my hand flat to my chest without uncontrollable shaking. Uncontrollable, as in moving 12" back and forth as fast as you can shake your arm. This lasted for about 24 hours.

Saturday, I mowed the grass with a push mower. Once I was finished my hands and fingers were numb, tingling, trembling, and vibrating for about 3-4 hours.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Actually your symptoms sound very much like what GBS sufferers experience. I think you could learn much by going over to the GBS/CIDP International Foundation and read from their forums. Is your doctor treating the GBS? That is important for recovery.
Laurel

BFS can bring on the same scenario. Twitching, fatigue, tingling, exercise intolerance - it could all come for Benign fasciculation syndrome. Just another thought...

After I trimmed all my hedges and bushes by hand (trust me that we have toooooooons of landscaping) to help my husband, my arms/forehands and hands were trembling. Mine was not a machine, just those big trimmers and I could not type or do anything fine motor skill wise's for a few hours to the rest of the night. I was just happy that I could do it, even though it was hard during and hurt after. I will let you know how it goes this summer, that was last. I can understand how you feel, it is hard to not be able to do the phyiscal things that we use to do before!

Hang in there. Have you had any recent check ups? I remeber you, your story was similar to mine. I took cipro, then got an intestional infection from the antibiotic that put me hosp. and it was also a stressfull time for me as I just had my 3rd baby. Als was ruled out for me, but I dont seem any better than I was last summer. I am not horrible worse either, but I cant tell if I am just getting use to not doing as much?

~april

I have experienced strong and lengthy hand tremors after cutting the hedges. They were so bad I could not raise a glass to my mouth without spilling it. My current diagnosed is BFS.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome extended to the arms. I was supposed to have surgery for it years and years ago. These things happen to me all the time from nerve damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back