Not open for further replies.

planningguy

Country
US
State
Wyoming
City
Sheridan
Well, we're just about finished getting ready to head out for our trip to the Mayo. The appointment is not until Tuesday. However, one of the beauties of living in a small rural city in northern Wyoming when just coming out of the "sun and shorts one day, blizzard the next," is that our airport is just not reliable enough for a "we absolutely have to make it in one day, and can't stay overnight in Denver," trip.

It's one of the surreal things. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but its hard to shake those fantasies of it being a magically place where teams of doctors sit around a whiteboard running through all the possibilities (Yes, the constant referrences to House a few months back tempted me into checking it out, and I enjoy it despite all the quirky wrongness. I defend myself by saying I've been a fan of Hugh Laurie since the Blackadder days.).

I've managed to settle in to seeing it for what I hope it is, a good 360 degree view by some good doctors who have been around the block a few times. I'll post an update when I can. I the meantime thank you for all the support you've given me over the past several months.

Best wishes for all,

Robert

hi robert.
wishing you all the best for your appointment,hope you get the answers you want .
have a safe journey:)

Robert,

Its finally here! ~ kind of like Christmas with a twist LOL. You'll be in my thoughts.

The very best of luck to you, please check in with us as soon as you're able, and enjoy the trip hopefully too.

Have a safe trip Robert and good luck!

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers!

Tracy

Good luck buddy. Hope you get some good answers.

AL.

Robert-
Safe travels to you! Hope you get a great team to work with-keep us in the loop when you can!
=brenda

I hope you have a very pleasant trip and great success with the Mayo team.

Zaphoon

Best of luck at finding some treatable answers.
Laurel

Good luck Robert, I am thinking of you.

Lydia

Robert~

I have been carrying you and this appointment in my thoughts and prayers. I hope it goes as well as it can, at least to rule out some of your bigger concerns if you dont get any concrete diagnosed. At least you will have some alone time with your wife! My husband and I joke that the only time we get to talk is at these loooong appts. No kids butting in every 2 minutes!

take care

~april

Robert- I'll be thinking of you- POSITIVE thoughts. Looks like nice travel weather on our side of the country anyhow~!~!

Love,
Cindy

Robert,

Good luck and have a safe trip......I'm praying you get answers for something treatable.

really hoping you get some answers this go around, have a safe trip and take time to check out some of the sights, margaret

Best wishes bud - update us when you can.

I'll be headed your way in June. My son is running two National Enduros on back-to-back weekends - one in Upton WY and the other in Cascade MT. You'll have to give us some "must see" tips.

so......

Robert, are you back yet? Waiting to hear if you have any answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back