Reason
Loved one DX
Country
Uni
State
Alabama
City
Mobile
I am sorry for not posting in a while. As some of you know Tim got his Trach and PEG tube in July. Came home from the hospital Oct. 2nd. He had done pretty good using the vent part time. He can still eat and talk, but it is getting harder. In January I had to put him back in, his Trach malfunctioned and had to be replaced. Last Wednesday it did the same thing, so I put him back in the hospital again. It was a blessing, I guess. His bladder is not functioning on its own anymore, he now has a permanent cath. He has the MRSA infection around his PEG tube. He had a high level of Carbondioxied in his blood. He came home on Saturday. I had a talk with the Doc last week. When Tim can't eat or talk anymore, he wants to let go. As hard for me as it will be, I will support him. I have been spending alot of time helping care for and be with him. When I am at home, I have to catch up my household and I stay tired alot so I sleep when I can.
I am trying to catch up here on the Forum, there are a lot of new members here.

Lorie

Good to hear from you

Lorie, I have been wondering how you and Tim are doing. Sorry to hear he is having some problems. Were the docs able to get the MRSA under control? He has had a tough road, but I know having you at his side has made it so much easier.

How are you doing besides being tired? I remember you were having some neuro problems yourself.

Please post again when you have time. I keep you both in my prayers.

P.S. Sure wish I had a sibling like you! :smile:

I am so sorry to hear of the troubles you are having! As one who has both a PEG and a trache and vent I am surprised at the problems you are experiencing. I have not had any trouble and am curious about his trache malfunctioning? If you don't mind I would like to hear more about what happened, thanks.

Lorie,
I've wondered how you and Tim were doing. I'll certainly keep you both in my prayers. Make sure you rest,
take good care,
brenda

Joel,
Tim's ballon would not air up in his trach. So we could not get him on his vent when he needed it. I called 911 asap! The staph infection, He is on Bactrim and the Bactroban ointment for the infected site. I will post about me later. I really don't want to go there right now. But I will as soon as I can.

You are a great people here, I have missed you. We are doing everything we can to keep Tim comfortable and Living. The Doctors and Nurses rave about how we have taken great care of Tim. He wished other families would do the same for there loved ones.

I will update me later.

Thanks Yall!

Lorie

hi lorie.
good to see you back on the forum,we have missed your posts .
i hope you are feeling better with your ears and sinuses,you did not sound well at all when i called.
hope to hear from you soon,say hi to tim from me:smile:

missed you Lorie! Hope things improve for Tim! Hope you can take care of yourself also...

Lorie,

I sorry to hear about Tim's difficulities. As the drs' say you do take great care of him. I will keep your family in my prayers.
Thank you for posting.

Lorie it is so great to hear from you. Hope you are well and take care of yourself. Hugs to Tim.

Sharonca

Oh dear Lorie,
I was so happy to see your post. I think of you and Tim often, and whenever I think about the meaning of a sibling's love I think of you.. You remind me of my sister, you both are so full of spirit and strength.. I hope Tim and you can make it through this hurdle, you are in the heart's and hug's of so many.. Welcome back dear girl.

Lorie, you probably don't "know" me but I have always followed you and your brother's story. In fact, a while ago I posted asking if anyone had heard from you; what was going on. So good to hear the latest, even though I am sorry Tim has been having such a poor time.

Lydia

Hi Lori, I was wondering too what was doing with you and Tim. You were always posting. Sorry Tim is struggling, my heart goes out to you. ALS takes us down a rough road. How are you feeling? I read posts but haven't posted for awhile, you said it there are soooo many new members. Stay Well. Fondly, Beebe

Beebe. it is great to see a post from you as well, Lorie and Tim sure bring out the best here. How is your daughter? I think of you often, you are one of the Augie fan's like me. Did you see he raised over 600,000 at his bash a couple of week's ago, and has passed the 18 million dollar mark, and is pushing forward, he is also writing another book.. Ok got off on another thread subject sorry.. I just know you love Augie like I do..Still waiting for it to be called Augie Nieto's cure.. Come visit more often Beebe

Hi there, Augie is an inspiration! Stephanie just finished 15 days of Radiation. She underwent Tomotherapy, they mark the area and the machine zaps only that mark. She is a fighter, tired all the time but pushes herself. Our never ending fight for cures! Have a Happy Easter. Fondly, Beebe

Good to see you back Lorie

Please tell Tim we are praying for him and you too. I hope you both have a well and safe Easter.
Here is a little angel to watch over you both:
angel.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back