Learn about ALS
Country
HU
State
ded
City
TV
Hi all!

Is symptom of the ALS the Lhermitte sign? (Electric feeling along the backbone and trunk when you move your head forward.)

I think it is actually pointing away from ALS, towards cervical spondylosis or MS.

I read it somewhere that is in B12 deficiency.

Far from an expert, but know a little about B-12 deficiency. Chronic B-12 deficiency can cause a lot of neuropathic issues including numbness and "pins and needles" sensations. This is a more general neuropathy, and is not restricted to any one part of the body (usually most common in the limbs and extremities from what I understand). Apparently it can cause Lhermitte's sign as well, but I imagine (again no expert) that the it would have to be a pretty significant deficiency for an extended period of time before that happened.

For me B-12 deficiency manifested as butt kicking fatigue and paresthesia. I understand this is a pretty common scenario. A lot, though not all, of the paresthesia has been relieved by monthly B-12 shots.

Based on my limited reading Lhermitte's sign can crop up in a lot of different situations. If you are experiencing it, best for a neuro to sort out why.

Take care,

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back