Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boxford
I was hoping to get some advice from Wright or anyone else who wouldn't mind sharing their thoughts on this subject. I have posted a few times in the past regarding ongoing twitching symptoms that I have had for the past year and a half, and have always highly respected the knowledge and compassion of the people who make up this amazing forum.

For over a week now, I have been experiencing "pins and needles" type sensations or tingling/numbness sensations on the bottom of my right foot pretty much all of the time. However, I feel it most often when I am walking. I also experience this same sensation (like someone is sticking me once or twice with needles) in my hands, or my other foot. I also wake up frequently in the night to a hand or foot that is asleep for no apparent reason. I have been trying to ignore these sensations in hope that they will just go away, but on the other hand I am not sure if I should make an appointment to see my neuro. or primary doc. Shamefully, I admit to being a worrier and am guilty of having a super keen awareness of my body (too much) and wonder if this could be another "anxiety" driven syndrome. I do appreciate any feedback.

Angie

Angie, I'm no medical expert, but until our more knowledgeable members sign in, I'll say that those do not sound at all like ALS to me.

If they persist and are bothersome, it would be good to check them out with your doctor, but I don't think there is anything to worry about as far as ALS goes.

Good luck.

Hi Angie. Sensory symptoms are not usually a sign of ALS. Wright may suggest what they could be. I wouldn't panic in the meantime.

AL.

Angie,

I echo Beth and Al's comments; tingling like that seems to point away from ALS. I know it is disconcerting when you have twitching and then another bothersome symptom pops up as well. Any peace that you may have come to regarding your twitches is understandably disrupted. I have had twitches for 2 years, along with a hodge-podge of other minor complaints, of which one of the most recent is a tingling sensation down the left arm from elbow to fingers (on day 8 now). Doc thinks nerve inflammation leading to entrapment, and is having me regularly ice elbow-which to my surprise seems to have helped. Such a simple solution. Go see your doctor with your head held high; no shame in worrying and seeking professional advice!

Lydia

Thank you all for your thoughts; It means so much when you are troubled to hear encouragement. I am someone who focuses alot on every twitch and tingle I feel; this worry consumes me, even though I realize that this along with many other things in life, are not in my control. I have two boys, 14 and 10 and they have such busy lives and I find myself so lost in my own fears that I am afraid I'm missing out on being the best mom I can be. Anyway, I'm not sure what is going on with my body (or my mind) but whatever it is I need to focus on life's many wonderful and positive aspects. Thanks again; you are all so wonderful; God Bless to all.
Angie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back