Need ears to listen and shoulders to lean on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

codya13105

Distinguished member
Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
florida
City
keystone heights
Sooo I would say since December, I have been doing extremly well, with my anxiety ...but lately I can feel myself slipping back into that dark hole. My head to toe twitching is worse than ever (mostly in both thighs now), and I feel like I am seeing more muscle changes...all though its minimal. I guess my question is..I am getting close to 9 months since these symptoms started, and I'm wondering if I should have seen some serious changes by now. I believe my strength is still good...but its hard to judge. Thank you all for listening.

Cody

Well with that adorable photo you have posted, someone sure has something to smile about.. She is precious.. I would have to say that without marked weakness and or atrophy, you should try and keep your anxiety in check. I know I can be as anxious as the next person, but what good will worrying about what will be actually do? Take the things you can do today, and that you do not have ALS today as a blessing. Look at it this way, worst case if you have als ( which I do not think you do) It is the most promising time in history, and you would be it appears a super slow progresser. Keep your chin up, and keep looking at your avitar..

^^Thanks alot...that makes me feel 1324567x better

Sorry you are feeling so blue. Are you taking any medication to help? Sometimes it takes a combination of meds to make you feel your best. Be sure to discuss your feelings with your doctor.

Cody,

I think you would have seen dramatic changes by now (after 9 months) if something serious was wrong. Twitching is such a bizarre experience, I understand how hard it is to believe that it isn't a sign of something awful! Try not to waste your time looking for miniscule changes, you will drive yourself nuts! If something serious was wrong, your body has had 9 months to come up with an obvious display to let you know loud and clear there is a problem. And it hasn't. Most likely because there isn't. Come back from the dark side :lol:

Take care,

Lydia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back