Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
DE
State
SH
City
C
I read in a FAQ about BSF that a muscle in rest with fasciculations, without any other sign of atrophy or weakness, is very likely a sign of bening fasciculations.

1) Does it applies to the fasciculations in a muscle in work? A muscle in work is a sign of a more complicated disorder? I do not think I have fasc. when I move the muscle, but today I experienced a twich that started in relax, then I move the hand to see it, and restarted inmediately again. I am not sure if it stoped at all when I moved the hand, but I am sure it was there after I moved it.

The other thing is, I have fasciculations all over my body, from the eyes to the feet, hands, arms. Are short, normally are only one or very few twichs, and often but not always, very fast. Usually they are not in the same place two time in a period of time.

2) It is normal for BSF this kind of fasciculations? Or are more like the ALS fasciculations?

I started taking mangesium the day before yesterday to see if it improve, and I should say the fasciculations in my eyes are gone, and problably the others fasciculations are less frequent now, but still are there, enough to get noticiable.

3) How long should I wait taking magnesium until it makes any effect?

Thanks

I am probably the self proclaimed queen of twitching, I have been twitching all over for about a year now. I have no weakness and I do not have als. The doctors are still going round and round as to whether I have an active case of Lyme. I twitch when moving, when sitting still or laying down. The most bothersome is my eyes they are real annoying. I am now on a 60 day course of doxy just to make sure. I was also very low in magnesium, I took a supplement for about 3 months but then my daughter sent me something that appeared to work better, it is in powder form and called cal-mag citrate, effervescent powder (al, did not put the brand, just the type, so I hope you do not consider this an advertisement) You mix it with water or any kind of a drink, it tastes like alka-seltzer if you just drink it with water. Since I have been drinking this stuff my twitches have decreased about 50%. Finally the twitches in my eyes are gone. Not sure this is the reason, maybe it is the doxy. All of my twitches started after a sinus infection about a year ago. Hope this helps. I also take a b complex. b12 and potassium daily, margaret

No wheeler, that sounds pretty generic.

AL.

I am worrying too much :( Somebody coment please?

You can put ALS out of your mind. Fasiculations, in and of themselves, are not an indication of anything. Many people experience them throughout their lives and it was not an indication of anything. Try to relax and enjoy each day!

Thanks xD! by the way.. how are you? I have read some of your post, you are very active here..

I am doing great thanks, just enjoying each day and not worrying about what tomorrow might bring.

Focusing on the present and enjoying each moment, now that I have my trache and vent life is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back