Loved one DX
Country
SIN
State
Singapapore
City
Singapore
Hi,

My dad is 64 and he was diagnosed with MND.

I am 30 years old now. I fell off my bike about 5 months ago. I had a serious pain on my right shoulder and it was swollen. Nothing was wrong with the bones (I assumed) so I did not go and see a doctor.

Few days later I went for an accupunture to relieve the pain. The process involved injecting small current to the body through the needles. Everytine current was injected my muscles would jump. It never really helped to relieve the pain. So I just let time do the healing.

The pain was gone totally after a month so I resumed my martial arts training. But the shoulder started to hurt again after repeated punching the bag so I stopped completly. However I started to have muscles twitching after that. The twitching is on the feet, calf, thai, trisep, lats, arm and eye lids. The twitching is for a short while sometimes and other times it stays on for a very long time espicially the eye lids. I still paly soccer as it does not aggraviate my shoulder. So far no problems playing. But I feel tired and sleepy.

My dad used to have a lot of twitching as well, so I am worried that I may have ALS. Can anyone share with me what was the symptoms and how long it took before it started to progress to other symptoms? I could ask my dad but he is unable to speak anymore and he is motionless. I also do not want to worry my family.

Also I have read about the stem cell therapy in China. Anyone has tried it?

Regards
Milan

Hello Milan. First I am sorry about your dad. I would guess that your twitching has more to do with the injury to your shoulder than with MND. You should get it looked at by an Ortho Doc or at least start with your GP and see where he thinks you should go. Stem cells in China or anywhere else are a rip off. No one has been able to prove they work. See a doc and let us know how you do.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back