Does anyone have bad pain in wrist, forearm and hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellbell

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
CA
City
Porterville
Hello...Im a 33 year old female. Ive been tested for just about everything. I have my first Neuro apt this week. Ive been having muscle spasms twitches for about 4 months. The worst of all is severe pain in my forearm wrist and hand. It started in one and now I have it in both. I feel like someone put rubberbands around my wrist and I keep waking up in the middle of the night because of it. My arms are getting really heavy. Hopping in was carpel tunnel but its starting in my feet and ankles. I guess I worried because im the only surviving parent and I have a child. Can anyone give me anyfeedback? ThANK YOU

Hi shellbell. 33 is young to get ALS so you shouldn't worry yet. Severe pain is not a normal symptom at the start of any of the motor neuron diseases. See what the neuro has to say and don't worry about terminal diseases until at least 2 or 3 first class neuro's say you have one.

AL

Shellbell,

Not a doctor, and can't diagnose you, but you might suffer from BFS, or benign fasciculation syndrome. This very real condition can cause severe twitching and cramps, among other symptoms, and can spread as time goes on. Its called benign because although it can have an impact on quality of life, it does not result in disability.

Twitching and cramping can also be caused by severe stress and vitamin deficiency. Not so sure on the pain angle.

Hopfefully the neuro and other doctors can help you get it sorted out.

Best of luck,

Robert

Hi Shellbell...nice to meet you, and sorry for your concerns. I wanted to say that a family member had similar symptoms and it turned out to be 'carpal tunnel'. It was your symptom of the rubber band tightening, that was the same.

Hope doctors can figure it out soon, so you can relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back