Old 01-01-2009, 07:53 PM #1 (permalink)

City: Pall alto
State: Ca
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
Beach61 is on a distinguished road
City: Pall alto
State: Ca
Beach61 is on a distinguished road
Default More Anxiety

I know that because of the frequency of my posts many of you are thinking I'm off the edge, but I just want to tell you it helps me.

It seems that all are telling me that I do not have ALS however my symptoms are real to me and the medical process moves slow and there is a lot of time in between to think about what my body is going thru.

I got advice from a freind to try to power thru my feeling of weakness and see what happens.

So I got up this morning got dressed and walked my dog. My thought was to go for as lng as I could before I get too tired. T my surprise I did the whole 2 mile walk.

After my legs were tight but almost not twitches while I was resting. I have been on my legs all day and am a bit tired but again only a couple of bubbling twitches that do not repeat. I just have this feeling of tightness around my thighs.

That the good news. Now I am resting and I get this feeling that something is blocking my breathing and I can't cough it out despite I keep trying.

I am also feeling a numbness in my cheeks and gums almost like mild Novocain.

I play Wii video game with my nephew and after my arms are tight with a burn feeling.

I look at my tongue in the mirror and see a minor indentation in the front so now I link that to the cough and breathing issue. I am not slurring food seems to go down and I am not drooling

This now got me anxious.

Every morning I wake hoping that these symptoms go away but they do not, and waiting a week to see a doc then do a test and wait a week to get results that are inconclusive is driving me crazy.

Any input on this numbness in the face?

Has
Old 01-02-2009, 08:54 AM #2 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Anytown
State: New England
CindyM is on a distinguished road
Forum Moderator

City: Anytown
State: New England
CindyM is on a distinguished road

I know people with anxiety and they say their faces get numb. If I am high on Carbon Dioxide my face gets numb. Bet there are lots of other reasons, too.

You really have to prepare yourself to wait for answers. You might end up waiting a long time. I've been at this since 2006 and still no answers. Not to depress you, but you should know that waiting a week to see a doctor and waiting another week for so for the answers is way too optimistic, in my experience.
Closed Thread

Tags
advice, als, anxiety, breathing, driving, food, go away, medical, power, symptoms, test, tongue, twitches, video, weakness