ALSFORUMS.COM   - ALS/MND Support Group   - Fibromyalgia Support Group   - PLS Support Group   - PBP Support Group   - PMA Support Group   -  
Old 01-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: brooklyn
State: new york
Diagnosed: 00/0000
rjfe is on a distinguished road

does cramping occur all over or in just one area .hands and feet feel more sore than crampish in calves feet and hands along with twitching in feet and legs mostly are these typical ALS symptoms very concerned no weakness that I could notice.I am a 35 yr old male avid weightlifter would I notice weakness also have had arm tremors pls help very concerned thanks!

Old 01-06-2009, 05:29 PM   #32 (permalink)
Al
Extremely Helpful Member
Registered Member

City: NW of Toronto
State: On
Diagnosed: 10/2003
Al is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Al Send a message via Skype™ to Al

Weight lifters and fitness buffs (runners etc) are very prone to having muscle twitches. Usually cramping starts in one limb. Soreness in muscles is not common in most people in initial stages. You'd notice the weakness if you had it. How long has this stuff been going on?

AL.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #33 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

City: oakland twp
State: michigan
Diagnosed: 00/0000
awieleba is on a distinguished road

Caroline~

Hey, I am not a feet person either but you have some nice looking feet even with the atophy! It was interesting to see, and I appreciate it!
Mine dont look quite like that, it is more of an overall muscle loss and the tendons sticking out on top. I should post but I dont want anyone to see my tattoe...big mistake!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:45 AM   #34 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member
Registered Member

City: uk
State: uk
Diagnosed: 11/2007
olly is on a distinguished road

thanks april,is your tattoo really bad? i am sure no one would mind.
you can not tell too much in the photos due to lighting but at the top of the foot just underneath the toes has atrophy.
this is causing the lower part of my toes to turn inwards and the top of them curl.
i have alot of cramp and stiffness in that foot and the arch has collapsed.
i am not sure if the arch collapsing is due to the atrophy or not,but i found out hypotonia in a leg can cause this to happen.
Closed Thread

Tags
als, denervation, emg, muscle, symptom, twitching, weakness