Not open for further replies.

planningguy

Country
US
State
Wyoming
City
Sheridan
Has anyone heard of Hirayama Disease, or had any experience with it? I came across an article describing it, and other its predominate prevalence in Asia, it causes many ALS type symptoms with the wrist, forearm, and hands.

Apparently it is usually a nonprogressive "benign" motor neuron disease (I know, when I read that in the aritcle I did a double take too). It is thought to be caused by extended neck flexion damaging the cervical anterior horn.

I was kind of hoping with my history of neck trouble that something like this might be a possible for me. Any thoughts?

Robert

Robert,

I love it! Only you could find such an obscure disease! Hey, I have neck problems and hand/wrist/forearm problems. I am going to pick this one for what I have! does twitching go with it? what about the feet?

Take care, I just love your research abilty!

NO idea but....ME, too! I have neck issues! Sign me up under this one if I have to have an MND at all.

I love the word BENIGN!

Glad I am not the only one still trying to find a diagnosis! What else are we supposed to do while we twitch, cramp, try to distract ourselves from twitching, cramping, and aching?

Let's all take the cue from Robert and do our own research for obscure "benign" MND's! It sounds like fun! The next one to find one that is "benign" wins a smiley face.

By the way, Hirayama sounds a lot more exotic than PNS.

Anyone else out there for something benign thats also exotic?

Oh, its "nonprogressive", too! You just gotta love that!

Zaphoon

Last edited:
Kim

Benign calf amyotrophy, I don't know, just googled. I WANT A SMILEY

Zaphoon,

I laughed out loud when I read your post. I actually thought of your PNS thread shortly after clicking the "post" button. I was worried people would think I was too snobbish for PNS :)

I needed a good laugh today. It was a crappy day at work. You guys are great!

Robert

Renee,

What?! You want a smiley for THAT?

Okay, under one condition; if you actually had something come up after it was googled!
:twisted:

Robert,

I'm in a peculiar mood tonight as evidenced in a posting on tmarino's thread. I'm probably in trouble over that one.

kim

It really does come up, GOOGLE IT, AND GIVE ME MY SMILEY. YOU KNOW HOW COMPETITIVE I AM.LOL

Renee,

Say cheese! :-D:-D:-D

Renee,

Say cheese! :-D:-D:-D

Sure enough, I googled "Benign Calf Amy.... and, well, you win!:mrgreen:

Thank You

Do you remember who guessed your name first or who is going to win our other little bet? I don't know I just have to win.

Renee

My goodness! You are a competitor (but so am I)!

And NO, I sure have forgotten!

ok, what is the calf amy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back