Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
NL
State
flevoland
City
blaap
I just stood out of the car, and i immediatly felt a stabbing pain in my upper right thigh. The pain is not constant; only when i move or when i press on it. Also, in the area where the pains comes from, i feel a very tiny but hard lump thats not there on the other side. Is this considered a cramp? Im just freaked out, since im twitching for 3 months now and i never had a 'real' cramp before. And last night, i had allot of 'myoclonic twitches' that causes my leg to jump :(

My cramps feel like a tight muscle. Have you ever worked out and not had enough water? Or had a potassium issue---I took lasix for many years for CHF....and basically this is what it feels like...sometimes it's horrible and sometimes it's just frustrating. Oh and I've never noticed it worse when pressing on it....I get them while moving and while resting....no rhyme or reason but definitely worse w/ more activity.

I'm undiagnosed...doctor speculated on PLS or maybe MD if not the thing on my brain (I need to make this my signature)....

jennifer

My cramps feel like a tight muscle. Have you ever worked out and not had enough water? Or had a potassium issue---I took lasix for many years for CHF....and basically this is what it feels like...sometimes it's horrible and sometimes it's just frustrating. Oh and I've never noticed it worse when pressing on it....I get them while moving and while resting....no rhyme or reason but definitely worse w/ more activity.

I'm undiagnosed...doctor speculated on PLS or maybe MD if not the thing on my brain (I need to make this my signature)....

jennifer

I guess it could be a muscle strain aswell. It still hurts when i move :sad:

sounds like it is from the spasicity from the clonus in the muscles, it is a umn symptom, would go along with PLS

sounds like it is from the spasicity from the clonus in the muscles, it is a umn symptom, would go along with PLS

Like i said.. it does not hurt when i dont use the leg.. only when i move :sad:

And i've read that als has nothing do with pain in its early stages

Would you new members QUIT QUOTING EVERY MESSAGE YOU REPLY TO. It is annoying and for those of us with limited mobility it means more scrolling which can be tiring and bring on cramps. Thank you.

AL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back