Old 10-16-2008, 03:19 PM #1 (permalink)

City: keystone heights
State: florida
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
codya13105 is on a distinguished road
City: keystone heights
State: florida
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
codya13105 is on a distinguished road
Default My Emg And Nerve Conduction!

I Finally Went To The Neuro, And He Said Everything Was Fine...funny Thing Was Is That I Twitch Constantly But During The Test ...it Only Picked Up One Twitch? I Still Worry Quite A Bit About Having Als..i Swear That I Have Atrophy Sometimes...no Weakness...twitch Constantly..but Im Seeing I Psychologist For My Anxiety Issues. I Do Have A Question Though.

I First Started Twitching And Etc About 3 1/2 Months Ago...about A Month Before That I Had A Parasite "crypto" And Had Some Digestive Issues....before We Knew I Had A Parasite My Doc Put My On Cipro For A Stomach Bug...and Im Afraid That Maybe All Of My Problems Started When I Started Taking Cipro....

I First Started Having Brain Fog And Short Term Memory Issues, Then Came The Twitching...could All This Be An Adverse Effect To This Antibiotic, And Would It Last Thing Long?
Old 10-16-2008, 04:53 PM #2 (permalink)

City: Anniston
State: Alabama
Interest: Other
aobrien is on a distinguished road
City: Anniston
State: Alabama
Interest: Other
aobrien is on a distinguished road

First, that's great news from the nuero!

Check out www.askapatient.com...Type in "Cipro", then read all of the people who have had symptoms that are similar. Another site that may be of interest is www.fluoroquinolones.org.

The answer to your question according to people on the internet who claim to have had side effects from Cipro is "YES", your side effects could last this long. I am pretty sure what I am experiencing is mainly due to Cipro side effects.

I took Cipro nearly three months ago, My experience is...
First 10 days - No side Effects
-Then numbness all over body, with upset stomach, itching, and clumsiness.
-Followed by discomfort in limbs (a 'tired' and 'dead' feeling that still continues) and "pins and needles".
-Then muscle twitching which has gotten progressively worse (still continues). Muscle twitching for the most part has been in my lower thigh area, but has also occurs daily in shoulders, finger, buttocks, arms, legs, face.
-Along the way and still continuing off and on: Anxiety; Brain Fog; Aches and Pain in: Joints, Knees (this is where most of my pain has occured), Back, Neck, Elbows; Sharp pains from my knee to my foot; Joints "crack and pop" when I move them; Shoulder Pain and soreness; thumb pain and soreness; preceived abnormal gait; preceived weakness in all limbs; soreness in all limbs; tremors (almost all the time); dry mouth; fatigue.

I will never take Cipro again.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:39 PM #3 (permalink)

City: Centreville
State: AL
Interest: In the process of finding out what is wrong.
jennibf is on a distinguished road
City: Centreville
State: AL
Interest: In the process of finding out what is wrong.
jennibf is on a distinguished road

I wonder if there isn't some sort of vitamin deficiency due to the parasite....could be B12 or magnesium or potassium. Did they check that? I would think most doctors would do that first.
Closed Thread

Tags
als, anxiety, atrophy, brain, emg, problems, test, twitch, twitching, weakness