Old 10-09-2008, 05:32 PM #1 (permalink)

City: Waterloo
State: Ohio
Diagnosed: 09/2008
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
shelly2612 is on a distinguished road
City: Waterloo
State: Ohio
Diagnosed: 09/2008
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
shelly2612 is on a distinguished road
Default 2nd Appt at the ALS clinic

well we had our second appt at the clinic. It was moved from the end of November to this week because of new symptoms. My hubby is having more trouble breathing. He was just having trouble w/exertion but now he is having trouble while at rest. He has had a headache for approx 3 weeks, not just in the morning but all day long, he says it is constant accross the top of his head and down the back into his neck. The Dr. told us it was due to the muscles in his neck weakening, and pulling downward. If it continues to cause problems he will be fitted with a device to stabalize the neck at the end of the month. His left hand, arm and shoulder is all but useless now, with the right side quickly following. The Dr. said his right leg was noticeably weaker than it was 3 weeks ago, So the OT is going to begin the wheelchair process. It seems this is going faster than we EVER thought it would. We have 6 children between the two of us and we know there are things we need to discuss and get in order. If anyone has any suggestions about financial issues or Medical legal forms the information would be greatly appreciated. We have so many questions. How long does it take to get a Wheelchair thru MDA? Is this fast progression normal, Whats next? Thanks everyone
Closed Thread

Tags
als, arm, back, breathing, children, clinic, financial, information, medical, muscles, problems, progression, questions, shoulder, symptoms, wheelchair